Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
To strengthen the capacity of the Local Government Area (LGA) nutrition focal person or team (as designated by the LGA) in management, delivery, and advocacy of cost-effective malnutrition prevention and treatment interventions (interventions include – Infant & Young Child Feeding, Community Management of Acute Malnutrition , Maternal & Child Health Weeks).
Summary of Key Objectives
- Support the assigned local government area (LGA) in Nutrition program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Support and coordinate micronutrient supplementation and MNCH Weeks
- Provide coordination and support to health office of LGA
- Strengthen technical and advocacy capacity at LGA level
Qualifications & Essential Skills
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Nutrition or Bachelor of Nutrition ; graduate degree in a similar field a plus
- Health / Public Health / Nutrition / diploma or equivalent
- Experience of emergency nutrition work and the design and implementation of feeding programmes (ideally IYCF, CTC/CMAM), including IYCF monitoring and evaluation
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff
- Proven experience and ability in report writing
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all beneficiaries and their carers
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment
- Commitment to and understanding of ACF’s aims, values and principles
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hausa
- Computer literacy and ability to work as part of a team
- Facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure of strict deadlines
- Experience in the setup of a IYCF program within CMAM program in an emergency context
- Experience working with partners, including the government
- Previous experience working with mothers support group and strong negotiation skill for behavior change
- Training in adult education/learning and effective training approaches
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to the following email address to: email@example.com Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Note: Please do not attach your certificates to the application email. Any application received after Sunday, 9th November 2014 will not be considered.