Vacancies at O'Spaces Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 30 October, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Building / Construction
View All Jobs at O'Spaces Nigeria Limited
Since inception in 1991, O'Spaces Nigeria Limited has delivered numerous public, industrial, commercial, and residential projects meeting the needs of our clients. We handle all phases of building construction from renovations to new construction, and are committed to excellent quality construction and timely delivery of projects within budget.
O'Spaces Nigeria Limited is recruiting to fill the position of:
- The primary assignment of the successful candidate will be to:
- Supervise day-to-day work on a construction site.
- Carryout Quality Control activities on the project construction site
Additional Requirements for Site Engineer
In addition to the academic qualifications and experience required for the position, please ensure that the prospective candidate can:
- Use leveling instrument
- Set out buildings
- Align columns both horizontally and vertically
- Check plastering gauge and plastered walls to ensure they are plumb
- Check formwork alignment and bracing
- Interpret structural details
- Understand concrete work and do concrete trial mixes
- Check block work
- Resolve all issues that may arise during tiling - tile sizes, spacing, straightness, squaring etc.
- Interpret building services drawing Understand roof trusses, roof covering, felting and other roof related issues
- Resolve quality issues related to doors and windows - profile types, mitre, wood type etc
- Resolve conflict at the project site, manage suppliers and supervise subcontractors.
- Use planning software e.g. MS project, Design software e.g. Autocad etc
- Mobilize human resources like carpenters, masons, tillers etc to project site.
- Construct leak-proof underground water retaining structures e.g. tanks, swimming pools etc.
- Construct concrete roof, balconies, roof gutter etc. that are leak proof.
- B.Sc. or Higher National Diploma in Civil Engineering, MSc. Architecture
- Experience: Minimum of 7 years post qualification experience.
- Candidates must have supervised the construction of a minimum of 2Nos of 6-storey building or two projects valued at 700Million Naira each as a building contractor site engineer.
go to method of application »
- HND, B.Sc/ B.Tech Quantity Surveying or any other related discipline ( Minimum of 2nd Class Lower/ HND Upper Credit).
- 5 years experience.
- Preparation of Bills of quantities for building and civil engineering works.
- Preparation of Cost Estimation.
- Preparation of tender analysis and report.
- Carry Out Materials and Labour Analysis.
- Measurement and Preparation of variation and valuation.
- Preparation of materials and labour fluctuations.
- He/She must be a team player.
- He/she must be ready to work little or no supervision.
- He/She must have eye for details.
- He/she must be computer literate.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- He/ She must be ready to work extra hour.
- Strong Negotiation Skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to: email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about O'Spaces Nigeria LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Recruitment at Arbico Plc
- Human Resource Roles at Arbico Plc
- Sales Manager Vacancy at a Large Building Materials Group - WOWJobs
- Latest Job Vacancies at Kaduna State Facilities Management Agency (KADFAMA) CONT.
- Latest Job Vacancies at Kaduna State Facilities Management Agency (KADFAMA