FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by FORTUNE® Magazine as the World's Most Admired Oil and Gas Equipment, Service Company in 2012, the Company has approximately 16,800 employees and operates 30 production facilities in 16 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
This position is an intermediate level position able to take the basic skills and apply them with increasing independence. Individuals must be able to complete detailed work assignments, understand the components of project management related to the functional projects/tasks and independently establish work tasks in order to successfully meet customer expectations. To be successful in this role, it is critical to be able to think and act independently on assigned projects. It will be necessary to demonstrate an increasing ability to troubleshoot and solve problems and overall project challenges independently.
• Responsible for safe and high quality service.
• Attend relevant training courses related to specific discipline.
• Responsible to make sound technical decisions based on logical reasoning and analysis.
• Individuals in this position must demonstrate the ability to work with minimal supervision, having a strict adherence to procedures and processes technical and policy compliance.
Works independently to install, test and repair new and reworked FMC products (equipment and tools), ensuring no rig lost time for our customers while controlling expenses and maintaining FMC owned assets.
Ensures all equipment,
Prepares and completes Safety related documentation (Job Safety
Analysis, incident, and other required reports) consistently for the purpose of heightened safety awareness and accident prevention.
Understands and follows all FMC and customer safety requirements.
Proactively pursues safe work practices and participates in safety training.
Proactively pursues the attainment of new technical training and skills for the purpose of advancing and updating knowledge and competence.service tooling and spare parts are on location and ready to use by performing inventories and function-fit tasks prior to beginning each job.
Records critical information such as dimensions, weights, temperatures, pressures and flow rates to ensure assembly/system will work per design and procedure requirements.
Assists with the review of product testing, running and in some cases with assembly procedures.
Completes tasks in accordance with procedures and applicable codes and/or standards.
Provides “Project Support” as required, for all new projects which includes assisting with project Factory Acceptance Tests and Systems Integration Testing.
Establishes and maintains communication with Customer Representative on issues including job installation/testing procedures, equipment, tooling and spare parts requirements, equipment and tooling function-fit and critical technical data (dimensions, measurements, weights, temperature, pressures and flow rates).
Provides sales support through quality customer interface via excellent communication by ensuring the customer is fully informed of all aspects of the job before, during and after/successful and unsuccessful tasks. .
Handles customer comments, requests and complaints in a professional manner
Completes Field Non-Conformance Reports (FNCR) as product and procedural problems are encountered.
Ensures all quality issues and documentation (equipment and procedural defects) are communicated and sent back to FMC Service Management.
Completes Field documentation (Daily, Service, End-of-Well and other required reports) after the completion of each service job. Maintains technical information (Tally Book or other forms), readily available, to communicate general procedures, spare parts, critical dimensions as well as customer questions, concerns and complaints.
• B.Sc. in Engineering: Mechanical Engineer preferred for Hardware TSP and Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering preferred for Controls/Topsides TSP.
• Typically 6+ months experience in a field service technician role.
• Requires intermediate knowledge of one or more of the following fields: Electrical, Subsea equipment, Hydraulic equipment, Mechanical equipment and tools.
• Analyze trends or deviations from standards.
• Proficient in applicable software applications
• Ability to read and understand drawings.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Ability to use technical tools and instruments required to perform duties.
• Interpret job requirements and coordinate equipment needed.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are important
• Ability to receive, interpret, understand, and respond to verbal messages and other cues in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment is important.
• Ability to receive constructive feedback/coaching, and respond appropriately.
• Proficiently communicate ideas and concepts, developing the ability to persuade, influence, and facilitate problem resolution.
• Effective understanding and communication within diverse cultural environments is critical.
• Able to carry out root cause analysis on incidents and present report-outs to shift lead
• Safety & Integrity Role Model with demonstrated ability to positively influence others
Supports training department to achieve required level of training compliance of all staff and to ensure that learning and development goals are met through adequate planning, communication, documentations and facilitation of training for the Subsea and surface Engineering Organizations. This position will support the Technical Training Department.
Disseminate information on available training courses
Utilizing the competency matrix to coordinate and analyze trainee level of competencies during OJT. Liaise with WCS and monitor trainees during OJT in the shop to determine competency
Accurately prepare ITF training approval document for specific trainings, ensures document are submitted in line with ITF deadline requirement for in-country and oversea training.
Compute and update individual training records via train Caster after each training section. Run train Caster training compliance report on monthly basis
Coordinate and Liaise with sectional heads for timely completion of training effectiveness evaluation form for persons working in their section. Ensure adequate documentation of forms received
Kicking-off training sessions at onsite and offsite facilities.
Perform administrative support and also assist in facilitating / coordinating during training sections.
Liaise with SMEs and give minimum notice of 3 days if SME is required to teach a class
Implement the use of instructors’ qualification record and ensure all SME upload their records on SharePoint.
Performs all duties in a safe manner and keeps all employees aware of dangers in work area and practices good housekeeping in work area.
Perform any other role that may be assigned to this position depending on operations.
Skills And Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree / Higher National Diploma in Engineering or a related field. Minimum of Four years’ industrial experience in training activities with strong facilitation skills. Should have knowledge of departmental function, terminology and procedures as well as general understanding of functions of other departments.
Training: Having a train-the-trainer certificate may be an added advantage
Computer Experience: Excellent computer experience with emphasis on database management, presentation, file management, multi-media computer applications. PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Communication Skills: Experience in communicating with management, field personnel and all levels of staff. Good technical vocabulary, grammatical proficiency and ability to pay attention to detail.
Personal Skills: Customer service driven, self-motivated with a professional demeanor, strong in inter personal relationship building.
To apply for these positions, use the links below