Infostrategy Technology Nigeria Ltd is an Information, Communication and Software Technology firm incorporated in Nigeria and the United Kingdom. Founded in 2000 and reconstituted in 2002, we operate with a burning passion to transform the technological terrain of Africa by delivering value to clients through innovative and effective leverage of cutting-edge technology solutions.
IST Nigeria Ltd combines sound knowledge of world class technology to design, implement and support business transformation in areas of web and mobile application, software, service and storage systems installation, networking technologies and technology procurement. We have an in-depth understanding on how technology accelerates success, and are passionate about attracting and supporting unique talents in growing our business and driving operational excellence.
Currently, the company has developed a mobile solution designed to exploit mobile technology in creating a collaborative platform for students, faculty, and visitors who interact with the University community. As more institutions buy into the technology, IST Nigeria requires the services of Business Operation Officers to man the various locations designated.
1.) Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi
2.) Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo, Ondo State
3.) Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
4.) Lead City University, Ibadan
5.) Babcock University, Ilishan Remo, Ogun state
- The Business Operations Officer (BOO) will manage day to day operations at stationed branch location and is expected to collaborate with stakeholders to ensure smooth running of business operations.
- Responsible for data sourcing, data entry and suppliers’ accounts management.
- Resourcefully handle all help and support.
- Timely and efficiently handle all purchase orders, including order assembling, packaging and transfer to the dispatch team to ensure timely delivery.
- Liaise with the procurement officer and suppliers to ensure adequate product stocking at all times.
- Collate, analyze and report branch operations and transactions to the Head of Operations monthly.
- Draw weekly insight reports.
- Manage all sales, clearance and prize redemptions.
- Moderate all user activities on the aggregator platform
- Manage all advertisement requests and placements at stationed location. Where need be, develop advertorial contents for clients.
- Oversee all operational processes at stationed location
(A job description is a written statement of the essential characteristics of the job, with its principal accountabilities, incorporating a note of the skills, knowledge and experience required for a satisfactory level of performance. This is not intended to be a complete, detailed account of all aspects of the duties involved.)
The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies.
- Strategic Thinking – Can identify a vision along with the plans that need to be implemented to meet the end goal. Evaluates situations, decisions, issues, etc. in the short, medium and longer-term.
- Pragmatic: Ability to focus on getting work done with the resources available.
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to prioritise and take important timely and quality judgement/decisions based on an assessment of the impact and implications of the likely outcomes.
- Flexibility: Ability to adapt to and work with a variety of situations, individuals and groups, as well as willingness to learn/improve own skills, plan, take initiative and organize work independently.
- Entrepreneurship: Ability to formulate new ideas or to adapt or use existing ideas in a new or unexpected way to solve problems, thereby increasing effectiveness of our work.
- Self-Awareness: Have an understanding of own strengths, limitations, emotions, etc and how it impacts on others.
- Communication: Ability to present, discuss and explain coherently and logically both in writing and verbally.
- Foresight: Have the ability to anticipate and head off problems that can jeopardize deadlines, budgets and user acceptance.
- Resilience – Ability to maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, set backs or when dealing with provocative situations. Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
- Influencing and Persuading – Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
- Ability to work under pressure - Maintain composure under intense pressure while working to meet deadlines; respond and adapt to emergency situations.
- OND/ HND / B.Sc qualification required
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send a capability statement and their curriculum vitae not later than 31st October 2014 to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position/location applied for clearly stated in the subject of the email. For instance; Business Operations Officer/Babcock University.
Candidates who have a working knowledge of the choice location either by virtue of been students of the institutions, residing in the area, etcetera have an added advantage.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a training in Abuja before been deployed to the designated location.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.