Bradfield Consulting - Our client is a fully registered private limited liability company with several subsidiaries, including a Guest House, Press and Bookshop, and Pharmaceuticals. Due to restructuring, our client is now looking to recruit a Procurement Manager to manage the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of procurement for the facilities.
The aim of each subsidiary is to maintain and promote vigorous and sustainable growth based on delivering a high quality service to its clientele. The challenges are fresh, the atmosphere is high energy and the growth opportunities are endless. Are you versatile and cool under pressure? Does your “can do” attitude prevail over a fast-paced work environment? We are on the look out for you.
Responsible for buying the best quality equipment, goods and services for the company at the most competitive rates.
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Working with suppliers to ensure that key processes are running efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Contract management and negotiation.
- Contract administration, quality assurance, modification of special terms, and contract closeout or termination.
- Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors.
- Developing an organisation's purchasing strategy.
- Understanding and keeping up with new trends and regulations in the business.
- Dealing with international suppliers.
- Forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels.
- Identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, building and maintaining good relationships with them.
- Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers.
- Keeping contract files and using them as reference for the future.
- Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities.
- Giving presentations about market analysis and possible growth.
- Establish and enforce procedures to ensure proper recording and tracking of all items purchased by the organization.
- Producing reports and statistics using computer software.
- Ensuring suppliers are aware of business objectives.
- Attending meetings and trade conferences.
- Training and supervising the work of other members of staff.
- Work with all suppliers to ensure they comply with all environmental regulations.
- Develop cost saving structure for the organization.
- Any other duties as assigned by line manager.
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiating and networking skills
- Mathematical ability, to work with figures and budgets
- Good judgement and analytical ability
- An organised approach
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good business sense
- Leadership skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Minimum Qualification / Experience
- Previous Inventory / Buying or Procurement experience is essential
- A relevant Bachelor's Degree from a recognised University
- At least four years of experience in procurement/sourcing/material planning with strong negotiation skills
go to method of application »
The Role will manage the overall direction and coordination, for all aspects of the Business including strategic planning, internal organization, human resource and financial management. The aim of each subsidiary is to maintain and promote vigorous and sustainable growth based on delivering a high quality service to its clientele.
The challenges are fresh, the atmosphere is high energy and the growth opportunities are endless. Are you versatile and cool under pressure? Does your “can do” attitude prevail over a fast-paced work environment? We are on the look out for you.
- Formulating and successfully implementing company policy;
- Ensure that defined corporate objectives are pursued;
- Directing strategy towards the profitable growth and operation of the company;
- Developing strategic operating plans that reflect the longer-term objectives and priorities established by the board;
- Reporting to the Managing Director of Uniholding on regular basis; Recruitment At The University Of Lagos Holding Company
- Putting in place adequate operational planning and financial control systems;
- Ensuring that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by the management and other employees;
- Closely monitoring the operating and financial results against plans and budgets;
- Taking remedial action where necessary and informing the Managing Director of Unihold of significant changes;
- Maintaining the operational performance of the company;
- Assuming full accountability to the Managing Director of Unihold for all company operations;
- Representing the company to major customers and professional associations;
- Building and maintaining an effective executive team;
- Look for opportunities for the expansion of the organisation;
- Perform other duties as required.
- 10 -14 years of industry experience: 4 years as part of management team
- Minimum years of industry experience: 8years
- Success in a senior leadership role within a large scale environment
- Degree in Production Management, Business Management, Economics.
- An MBA will be an advantage.
Competency and Technical Skill Required
The Prospect must demonstrate:
- Good Communication Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Process and result oriented, self-starter, with good analytical skills Leadership
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale