A private Christian university located in the South-South wants to fill the above vacant position. The Registrar, who is the Chief Administrative Officer, is responsible to the Vice Chancellor, takes care of the day-to-day administration of the University.
The ideal candidate must have sound knowledge that will drive the administrative processes of a private university for maximum efficiency and effectiveness. He/She should be capable of promoting:
(1) Effective and efficient implementation of policies approved by the Governing Council.
(2) Development of functional policies/plans, and presentation of sound and well researched proposals to the Council.
(3) Maintaining an efficient administrative system; installing an efficient system of handling university records, and
carrying out routine administrative matters.
(4) Identifying and implementing learning and development needs for administrative staff.
(5) Materials management, including maintenance of all university's property and equipment, supply and control of stationery and consumables.
(6) Liaising with appropriate government organs, including JAMB, NUC and other bodies.
(1) Position-specific skills that will ensure immediate performance gains; resourcefulness and self-motivation.
(2) Entrepreneurial skills; results orientation, and ability to read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, legal documents, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
(3) Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; communication skills; interpersonal and relationship skills; organizational skills and motivation to work on self initiative; presentation and negotiation skills.
(4) Experience in the use of a personal computer to prepare correspondence, reports, charts, etc.
(5) Experience in the use of internet and fast communication networks. .
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate should have a sound postgraduate degree in Social or Management Sciences or Law. An MBA or professional qualification/membership of ICSA, ICAN, CIPM, NIM and other recognized bodies will be an added advantage. Minimum of eighteen years post graduation experience, out of which ten years should be in a management position.
Salary and other conditions of service are attractive, in comparison to what obtain in similar universities; but negotiable, according to track record of performance.
All applications, with detailed resume, should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than two weeks from the date of this publication.