Accounting Job Placement at Variety Court Limited
Posted on: 27 October, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Hospitality
View All Jobs at Variety Court Limited
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Variety Court Limited is recruiting to fill the position of:
The position of accountant consists of analyzing financial information and preparing financial reports to determine or maintain a record of assets, liabilities, profits and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
- Advise on the design of accounting or data processing systems, or long-range tax plans.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology;
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs;
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts;
- Maintain or examine the records of government agencies;
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards;
- Provide internal and external auditing services for business or individuals;
- Report to management regarding the finances of an establishment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification and Requirements
- A good B.Sc in Accounting
- ICAN membership will be an added advantage.
- Ability to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in a Supervisory role where he/she manages people and processes.
- Must be very conversant with Microsoft office tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, power point
- Ability to identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to work lunch and dinner shifts on weekdays & weekends
Competencies (In order of importance):
- Attention to Detail- Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Analytical Thinking - Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Achievement/Effort - Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should forward their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Variety Court LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Waiter/Waitress at Bluelodge Hotel
- Senior Accountng Officer at Swanky Suites in Grandview
- Waiter/Waitress at Westown Hotels
- General Manager at Swanky Suites in Grandview
- Digital Marketing Executive at Eat 'N' Go Limited
- Audit Officer at Bolton White Hotels & Apartments
- HVAC Engineer/Technician at Westown Hotels
- Training Coordinator at Hilton Worldwide