Accounting Job Placement at Variety Court Limited
Posted on: 27 October, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Hospitality
View All Jobs at Variety Court Limited
Variety Court Limited is recruiting to fill the position of:
The position of accountant consists of analyzing financial information and preparing financial reports to determine or maintain a record of assets, liabilities, profits and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
- Advise on the design of accounting or data processing systems, or long-range tax plans.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology;
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs;
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts;
- Maintain or examine the records of government agencies;
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards;
- Provide internal and external auditing services for business or individuals;
- Report to management regarding the finances of an establishment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification and Requirements
- A good B.Sc in Accounting
- ICAN membership will be an added advantage.
- Ability to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in a Supervisory role where he/she manages people and processes.
- Must be very conversant with Microsoft office tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, power point
- Ability to identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to work lunch and dinner shifts on weekdays & weekends
Competencies (In order of importance):
- Attention to Detail- Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Analytical Thinking - Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Achievement/Effort - Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should forward their CV's to: email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Variety Court LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at The Place Nigeria
- Job Opportunities at Filmhouse Limited
- Jobs at a Quick Service Outlet Chain - Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- House Keeper at Golden Tulip Airport Hotel
- Chef de Cuisine at Sheraton Hotels & Resorts - Marriott International
- Female Store Keeper at Triple Seven Cafe
- Job Vacancies at Productive People
- Creative Content Writers at Naija Cupid Weddings