Our client is a multinational conglomerate, with $30 billion in sales, employing 88,000 people worldwide and produces more than 55,000 products.
They are looking to fill the position of Sales Manager; details of this role as as follows:
Overall Job Purpose:
Applies broad knowledge and extensive experience to deal with variations in work conditions and operations to solve complex and diverse problems. Direct leadership responsibility for subordinates with clearly defined roles. Reviews and approves work results conducted by subordinates. Manages professional and support level employees within Sales. Is involved in contract negotiations for major clients.
1. Applies broad knowledge and extensive experience to deal with variations in work conditions and operations to solve complex and diverse problems. Supervises the development and implementation of improvements and/or solutions to work processes and tools in support of business and strategic plans. Reports to manager on key milestones and critical business initiatives. Receives additional guidance from the manager as necessary.
2. Has budget responsibility for team/work group. Makes recommendations that impact how financial resources are generated or spent.
3. Manages subordinates with clearly defined roles within the Sales Department. Determines priorities and timetables, assigns resources/tasks, and provides performance feedback. Accountable for the activities and results of their subordinates.
4. Handles a wide variety of non-routine and difficult inquiries where the solution is not immediately apparent. Develops solutions for multi-faceted, interrelated, and complicated problems, which require strong analytical skills and significant interpretation of data. Most complex problem solving may require conceptual thinking to assess options, making decisions by applying extensive experience and knowledge of related and non-related precedents, practices and policies to solve significantly different problems.
5. Resolves issues and conflicts related to direct reports.
6. Work tasks encompass concepts within multiple disciplines/practices which may include more than one department/location. Working tasks might include:
a. Assigns sales territories and/or accounts to the sales force.
b. Provides training on key sales concepts and measures that are critical to the business
c. Develops strong customer relationships and participates in contract negotiations
d. Provides input to the development of the annual sales forecast
e. Coaches sales representatives to improve and/or develop new skills and competencies according to the sales development plan
f. Tracks channel performance using standard metrics (margin, turnover, coverage, etc.)
g. Shares best practices with other sales managers/supervisors and sales representatives across locations/country
h. Provides input on the short- to mid-term sales and pricing strategy as well as customer satisfaction objectives
7. Communicates with internal and external clients on a medium to lower level, such as department heads and direct subordinates and occasionally area/business leaders. As an expert, the employee also provides consulting assistance to senior management. Serves as representative of the work group or team to management as appropriate.
8. Negotiates and counsels at an expert level with an audience which may not be knowledgeable in the subject area.
9. Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards, complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with 3M’s values and ethical standards.
10. For all jobs that provide work direction to others, the following applies:
Provides direct supervision to assigned employees through leadership, coaching, training and development, allocating work assignments, review of progress in achieving objectives, managing employee compensation, performance appraisals, diversity, disability, all relevant employee data, etc. Understands and enforces corporate/location policies and procedures. Takes appropriate action to address policy violations. May manage workforce vendors and contracts.
Succesful candidate should possess the following:
1. Education :
2. Experience: Minimum 7 - 10 years’ related experience
4. Key Capabilities
Qualified candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org; on or before Friday 31st October 2014.