Engineering Vacancy in a Group of Companies
Posted on: 24 October, 2014
Deadline: 31 October, 2014
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Michael Stevens Consulting
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Michael Stevens Consulting - Our client, a group of companies, seeks to urgently fill the below position:
The Role will be responsible for the following:
- Managing a team of staff including programmers, analysts and support specialists.
- Plan and direct the work of other IT professionals, including computer systems analysts, software developers, information security analysts, and computer support specialists.
- Evaluating the functionality of systems, consulting computer users to ascertain needs and to ensure that facilities meet user or project requirements.
- Implement and oversee information technology related activity within a company.
- Working with top executives to help determine the computing system needs for the company and then produce a plan to meet those needs.
- Managing IT budgets and keeping up-to-date with new technology.
- Ensuring adherence with software licensing laws and scheduling upgrades.
- Implementing and managing security or integrity and backup procedures.
- Providing user training, support, advice and feedback, testing and modifying systems to ensure that they operate reliably.
- Managing secure network access for local and remote users, designing maintenance procedures and putting them into operation.
- Plan and direct installing and upgrading computer hardware and software and determine short and long term personnel needs for their department.
- Ensure the security of an organization's network and electronic documents.
- Assess the costs and benefits of a new project and justify spending on the project to top executives.
- Negotiate with vendors to get the highest level of service for their organization's technology.
- Carry out Information Technology audit on regular basis to check functionality of system and upgrade/update where needed.
- Ensuring that all Information Technology system are updated with anti-virus and anti-malware software.
- Undertake installation of various Information Technology infrastructures for various group companies.
- Administer control of all websites, e-mails and other user software of the group.
- Any other work assigned by the management.
Candidates must possess the following:
- A Bachelor's Degree (B.Sc) or PGD in Computer Science/Engineering. Any related professional course certificate will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years experience working in the Information Technology field, 5 of which must have been a Managerial role in the Information Technology Department.
- Must not be older than 40 years.
- Must be a Nigerian.
- Must have good knowledge of Computer Hardware maintenance, client/server technologies familiarity, network infrastructures and maintenance.
Method of Application
ONLY qualified candidates should forward their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org using "COMPUTER HARDWARE MANAGER/ENGINEERING MANAGER" as the subject of the email.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Michael Stevens ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Latest Jobs at Inter-Arc Consultants Ltd
- Personal Assistant at the Perfect PA
- HSEQ Officer at Tsachal Limited
- Job Openings at eRecruiter Nigeria
- Enterprise Sales Executives at Ascentech Services Ltd
- 2018 Graduate Tax Apprenticeship Programme at Pricewaterhousecoopers (PWC)
- Office Assistant at Workforce Group
- Job Opportunities at Hodskey Consultants Limited