Engineering Vacancy in a Group of Companies
Posted on: 24 October, 2014
Deadline: 31 October, 2014
View Jobs in Consulting
View Jobs posted same day
Michael Stevens Consulting - Our client, a group of companies, seeks to urgently fill the below position:
The Role will be responsible for the following:
- Managing a team of staff including programmers, analysts and support specialists.
- Plan and direct the work of other IT professionals, including computer systems analysts, software developers, information security analysts, and computer support specialists.
- Evaluating the functionality of systems, consulting computer users to ascertain needs and to ensure that facilities meet user or project requirements.
- Implement and oversee information technology related activity within a company.
- Working with top executives to help determine the computing system needs for the company and then produce a plan to meet those needs.
- Managing IT budgets and keeping up-to-date with new technology.
- Ensuring adherence with software licensing laws and scheduling upgrades.
- Implementing and managing security or integrity and backup procedures.
- Providing user training, support, advice and feedback, testing and modifying systems to ensure that they operate reliably.
- Managing secure network access for local and remote users, designing maintenance procedures and putting them into operation.
- Plan and direct installing and upgrading computer hardware and software and determine short and long term personnel needs for their department.
- Ensure the security of an organization's network and electronic documents.
- Assess the costs and benefits of a new project and justify spending on the project to top executives.
- Negotiate with vendors to get the highest level of service for their organization's technology.
- Carry out Information Technology audit on regular basis to check functionality of system and upgrade/update where needed.
- Ensuring that all Information Technology system are updated with anti-virus and anti-malware software.
- Undertake installation of various Information Technology infrastructures for various group companies.
- Administer control of all websites, e-mails and other user software of the group.
- Any other work assigned by the management.
Candidates must possess the following:
- A Bachelor's Degree (B.Sc) or PGD in Computer Science/Engineering. Any related professional course certificate will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years experience working in the Information Technology field, 5 of which must have been a Managerial role in the Information Technology Department.
- Must not be older than 40 years.
- Must be a Nigerian.
- Must have good knowledge of Computer Hardware maintenance, client/server technologies familiarity, network infrastructures and maintenance.
Method of Application
ONLY qualified candidates should forward their CV's to: email@example.com using "COMPUTER HARDWARE MANAGER/ENGINEERING MANAGER" as the subject of the email.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Deloitte Nigeria Graduate Customer Service Representative Recruitment (Hausa Speaking)
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment Consultant at Oscar Temple
- Head of Sales at a Holding Company - MasterMindsHRSG Management Consulting
- Consulting Macro-Economist at Genesis Analytics
- Technical Service Manager at African Management Services Company (AMSCO)
- Fresh Vacancies at a Professional Service Company - Fosad Consulting
- Archivist at KPMG Nigeria
- Marketing Assistant At People-matters