Engineering Vacancy in a Group of Companies
Posted on: 24 October, 2014
Deadline: 31 October, 2014
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Michael Stevens Consulting
Michael Stevens Consulting - Our client, a group of companies, seeks to urgently fill the below position:
The Role will be responsible for the following:
- Managing a team of staff including programmers, analysts and support specialists.
- Plan and direct the work of other IT professionals, including computer systems analysts, software developers, information security analysts, and computer support specialists.
- Evaluating the functionality of systems, consulting computer users to ascertain needs and to ensure that facilities meet user or project requirements.
- Implement and oversee information technology related activity within a company.
- Working with top executives to help determine the computing system needs for the company and then produce a plan to meet those needs.
- Managing IT budgets and keeping up-to-date with new technology.
- Ensuring adherence with software licensing laws and scheduling upgrades.
- Implementing and managing security or integrity and backup procedures.
- Providing user training, support, advice and feedback, testing and modifying systems to ensure that they operate reliably.
- Managing secure network access for local and remote users, designing maintenance procedures and putting them into operation.
- Plan and direct installing and upgrading computer hardware and software and determine short and long term personnel needs for their department.
- Ensure the security of an organization's network and electronic documents.
- Assess the costs and benefits of a new project and justify spending on the project to top executives.
- Negotiate with vendors to get the highest level of service for their organization's technology.
- Carry out Information Technology audit on regular basis to check functionality of system and upgrade/update where needed.
- Ensuring that all Information Technology system are updated with anti-virus and anti-malware software.
- Undertake installation of various Information Technology infrastructures for various group companies.
- Administer control of all websites, e-mails and other user software of the group.
- Any other work assigned by the management.
Candidates must possess the following:
- A Bachelor's Degree (B.Sc) or PGD in Computer Science/Engineering. Any related professional course certificate will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years experience working in the Information Technology field, 5 of which must have been a Managerial role in the Information Technology Department.
- Must not be older than 40 years.
- Must be a Nigerian.
- Must have good knowledge of Computer Hardware maintenance, client/server technologies familiarity, network infrastructures and maintenance.
Method of Application
ONLY qualified candidates should forward their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org using "COMPUTER HARDWARE MANAGER/ENGINEERING MANAGER" as the subject of the email.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Michael Stevens ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Vacancies at KPMG Nigeria
- Young Leaders Programme Fellow at McKinsey & Company
- Job Openings at StreSERT Services Limited
- Job Vacancy at ConSol Limited
- Job Vacancies at Teclab Management Services Limited
- Job Openings at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Sales Manager Vacancy at Integrated Corporate Services Limited (ICSL)
- Job Opportunities at CA Global