MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
At MainOne, great ideas and thoughts find a way of becoming great products, services that turn to great customer experiences. We are perfectionists, idealists and pioneers of great products and services forever thinking of better.
We have corporate offices from Nigeria to Ghana to Portugal. International and home opportunities are available.
MainOne is a family. Join in and be a part of the change and the future that will bring about new ways the continent works and connects.
The Data Centre Service Coordinator will be responsible for the Maintenance of the Data Centre White Space area and manages customer service delivery in the Data Centre. He/She specializes in the execution of tactical plans for the data centre services to ensure continuity of operations for the organization. He/She is the custodian of the Data Centre white space and will be required to plan, design, manage and support the white space infrastructure.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Ensuring a consistent client experience in providing DC Services
- Following and executing best practices linked to ITIL disciplines
- Understanding of Service Level Agreements (SLA) for clients in the facility
- Responsible for coordinating on-boarding activities for clients, and executing client setup/configurations
- Managing and coordinating of Client rack installations, power up and interconnectivity
- Active participant in the Change Advisory Board (CAB)
- Responsible for planning and coordination and execution of Change Records (CR) as it relates to Data Centre Space, power and cooling management
- Responsible for client expectation management
- Providing support to Operations Centre (NOC)/Service Desk initiatives and providing assistance for client communications
- Contributing, creating, and updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) documentation and reporting periodically
- Identifying and recommending automation, process improvements, and identifying opportunities for increased reliability and a better client experience
- Reviewing and reporting on daily operational logs with Data Centre Manager
- Performing other duties as requested by the Data Centre Manager
- Ensure timely reporting and escalation of faults to designated persons (suppliers / internal stakeholders).
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- A good Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer
- Science/ Engineering with minimum of 7 Years industry experience, 4 of which must be in a Computer Centre /Data Centre environment. ITIL® qualification and practical knowledge will be an advantage.
- About 3 years’ experience, or exposure, to structured cabling and facilities management
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of MS Office suite, including Visio
- Exposure to formal project delivery methodologies
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Customer service, focused on overall client satisfaction
- Ability to work within a deadline-oriented team environment, to prioritize work, and ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills and motivation, together with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to recognize, diagnoses, and solve problems without undue assistance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, which include the ability to prepare reports and format documents, and client correspondence
- Strong operations and technology acumen
- Excellent attention to detail, aligned to strong verbal and written capacities
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.