Career Opening at Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls
Posted on: 22 October, 2014
Deadline: 31 October, 2014
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls, a school dedicated to educating the total person - intellectual, spiritually, socially, physically and emotionally. Our ultimate aim is to create a new cadre of confident female leaders who are committed to making a positive difference.
Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls is recruiting to fill the position of:
- Effectively organize space, equipment, and students.
- Provide adequate equipment that allows all children to be active at the same time (e.g., one ball per child).
- Limit teacher talk or instruction time.
- Plan practice opportunities that are structured for maximum participation (e.g., individual, partner, and small-group activities; nonelimination activities; activities that require no wait time).
- Structure the class so that learning occurs while students are being physically active.
- With maximum and quality activity time, children become more skilled, knowledgeable, and physically fit
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons for whom you are responsible and with whom you come into contact
- Plan and prepare courses and lessons
- Teach, according to their educational needs, the groups assigned to you, including the setting and marking of work
- Set work which can be graded each week, if possible incorporating a weekly test
- Inspect all student portfolios regularly and insist they are kept in good order
- Ensure that a visual record of students’ work is maintained each year; film and photograph final Summer exhibition work
- Promote the general progress and well-being of students in your care
- Provide students with guidance on educational and social matters relating to their studies and future careers
- Assist the Head of Department with the compiling of portfolios, checking of application forms and personal statements and providing references for students applying to Art Colleges
- Provide a detailed typed report on each student each term
- Communicate and consult with parents and other persons or agencies outside the school as required
- Participate in meetings, particularly the regular Monday staff meeting, regular departmental meetings and any meetings with parents
- Participate in any arrangements for further training and professional development
- Review methods of teaching and programmes of work from time to time
- Keep all teacher materials up-to-date
- Work closely with the Head of Department and assist with the preparation and introduction of new courses and schemes of work
- Promote Art, Textiles and Photography within the school and contribute material to the website
- Maintain good order and discipline with your students both inside and outside the classroom
- Take good care of your teaching space and all teaching materials provided by the school
- Stand in for a colleague should he/she be away
- Set work for your classes if you are away from school for any reason
- Participate in supervisory duties or sporting activities during the afternoons
- Drive students to school in the morning and to activities in the afternoons and back to the Houses in the evening provided you have the appropriate licence
- Distribute the weekly grades to your personal tutor group each Monday evening
- Safeguard the Health and Safety of students in your care
- Participate in arrangements for preparing students for their external examinations including marking and recording coursework
- Invigilate if asked to
- Provide individual help for students as required.
- Dress appropriately at all times – the male dress code includes a tie
- Carry out general duties and responsibilities as deemed reasonable.
- First degree and/or teaching degree
- At least five years teaching experience
- Evidence of further professional study e.g. Masters
- Professional association with a recognized body is an added advantage
- IGCSE certificate would be a plus
- Teaching experience in an international school would be a plus
Method of Application
Applications should consist of a covering letter of no more than 2 A4 sides and a current CV with photograph to be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Noble Hall Leadership Academy for GirlsSimilar Jobs
- Jobs at Chelis Education Consult Limited
- Student Recruitment Executive at the Postgraduate School of Credit and Financial Management (PSCFM)
- Volunteer Language Teacher at Young Readers Library
- 2018 Medical Doctors & Dentist Residency Training Programme at Lagos University Teaching Hospital
- Bursar at the Nigeria French Language Village
- VISA Officer at Eduwalt Communications (EWC)
- Creche Teacher and Nurse at Radiant Light Intl School
- Lecturers at Dalewares Institute of Technology