Career Opening at Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls
Posted on: 22 October, 2014
Deadline: 31 October, 2014
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls
Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls, a school dedicated to educating the total person - intellectual, spiritually, socially, physically and emotionally. Our ultimate aim is to create a new cadre of confident female leaders who are committed to making a positive difference.
Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls is recruiting to fill the position of:
- Effectively organize space, equipment, and students.
- Provide adequate equipment that allows all children to be active at the same time (e.g., one ball per child).
- Limit teacher talk or instruction time.
- Plan practice opportunities that are structured for maximum participation (e.g., individual, partner, and small-group activities; nonelimination activities; activities that require no wait time).
- Structure the class so that learning occurs while students are being physically active.
- With maximum and quality activity time, children become more skilled, knowledgeable, and physically fit
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons for whom you are responsible and with whom you come into contact
- Plan and prepare courses and lessons
- Teach, according to their educational needs, the groups assigned to you, including the setting and marking of work
- Set work which can be graded each week, if possible incorporating a weekly test
- Inspect all student portfolios regularly and insist they are kept in good order
- Ensure that a visual record of students’ work is maintained each year; film and photograph final Summer exhibition work
- Promote the general progress and well-being of students in your care
- Provide students with guidance on educational and social matters relating to their studies and future careers
- Assist the Head of Department with the compiling of portfolios, checking of application forms and personal statements and providing references for students applying to Art Colleges
- Provide a detailed typed report on each student each term
- Communicate and consult with parents and other persons or agencies outside the school as required
- Participate in meetings, particularly the regular Monday staff meeting, regular departmental meetings and any meetings with parents
- Participate in any arrangements for further training and professional development
- Review methods of teaching and programmes of work from time to time
- Keep all teacher materials up-to-date
- Work closely with the Head of Department and assist with the preparation and introduction of new courses and schemes of work
- Promote Art, Textiles and Photography within the school and contribute material to the website
- Maintain good order and discipline with your students both inside and outside the classroom
- Take good care of your teaching space and all teaching materials provided by the school
- Stand in for a colleague should he/she be away
- Set work for your classes if you are away from school for any reason
- Participate in supervisory duties or sporting activities during the afternoons
- Drive students to school in the morning and to activities in the afternoons and back to the Houses in the evening provided you have the appropriate licence
- Distribute the weekly grades to your personal tutor group each Monday evening
- Safeguard the Health and Safety of students in your care
- Participate in arrangements for preparing students for their external examinations including marking and recording coursework
- Invigilate if asked to
- Provide individual help for students as required.
- Dress appropriately at all times – the male dress code includes a tie
- Carry out general duties and responsibilities as deemed reasonable.
- First degree and/or teaching degree
- At least five years teaching experience
- Evidence of further professional study e.g. Masters
- Professional association with a recognized body is an added advantage
- IGCSE certificate would be a plus
- Teaching experience in an international school would be a plus
Method of Application
Applications should consist of a covering letter of no more than 2 A4 sides and a current CV with photograph to be e-mailed to: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Noble Hall Leadership Academy for GirlsSimilar Jobs
- Preschool Teacher at the Leabridge School
- Virtual Volunteer, Tigrinya Translator at Compass Tutors Limited
- Forensic Auditor at the Obafemi Awolowo University
- Rector at the Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Job Opportunities at Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic
- PHP Developer Intern at Tutor.NG
- Job Opportunities at The Ondo State University of Medical Sciences
- Human Resource Executive at Skyline University College (SUC)