Our client, a Christian university, operating in the South-South zone, has the vacant position mentioned above.
The duties of the Chief Accountant include:
(1) Preparation of annual financial statements and any other periodicfinancial and management reports as may be required.
(2) Preparation of periodic bank reconciliation statements.
(3) Identifying and implementing process improvements and operational efficiencies.
(4) Developing and maintaining good relations with banks, tax authorities, and other parties with whom the university has to relate.
(5) Keeping proper records of all financial transactions.
(6) Managing the payroll.
(7) Managing the short-term and long-term financial and non-financial assets of the university.
(8) Receiving and recording students' fees and other payments made to the university.
(9) Identifying and implementing processes that would ensure minimal indebtedness to the university.
(10) Ensuring the smooth running of the computerized accounting system.
(11) Establishing job standards for subordinate staff and effectively evaluating their performance.
(12) Preparing, analyzing, and monitoring the university's budget.
(13) Preparing status reports to aid effective budgetary control
(14) Ensuring that all financial transactions follow approved financial guidelines.
(15) Suggesting financial policies, procedures and guidelines.
(16) Advise the university on all financial matters.
Candidate should have:
Interested applicants should send detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than two weeks from the date of this advertisement.