Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries. The senior management and staff of DBESL have more than twenty years (20 years) experience in successfully operating in the Sub-Saharan African market, during which we have created innovative, user friendly solutions that have opened up new markets and increased the profitability of our clients. We provide a one-stop solutions shop to challenges experienced by our clients including the following:
Job Objective/ Purpose of Job
To build and maintain a strong and cross-functionally integrated Petroleum engineering capability to support the asset-based organization.
· Develop Reservoir engineering and production technology staff and enhance their competencies through continuous assessment of skills, design and implementation of training and career development plans (in consultation with the asset managers).
· As technical expert on all petroleum engineering activities, introduce, implement and maintain technologies, tools, guidelines and workflows that enable the ADS and well & reservoir management processes and activities to be delivered and fully in line with global petroleum engineering technical standards.
· Provide Technical and Value Assurance of all Petroleum Engineering input to key Asset Management deliverables as the operating company’s technical authority on reservoir engineering and production technology.
· Develop, maintain and deliver in-house technical courses and best practice guidelines in integrated reservoir modelling for reservoir and field studies input to field development plans.
· Ensure quality management of all petroleum engineering data, information, documents and records.
· As part of the global Nigeria subsurface studies team (GNSST) leadership, support all NBU projects at the opportunity identification, planning and execution stages and act as petroleum engineering custodian of all reservoir engineering and production technology content both for internal and external (NAPIMS, DPR) engagements.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities/ Accountability.
· Technical Authority for Petroleum Engineering , and therebyaccountable for the functional quality of all reservoir and production engineering work carried out on NBU projects, includingthe deployment of approved technical standards and the integration of the petroleum engineering results in development projects andthe management of assets.
· Ensuring that across board, all petroleum engineering related safetycritical activities (e.g. geomechanics – compaction & subsidence,pore pressure prediction and monitoring for developed reservoirs)are identified and have effective response processes.
· Development and execution of Petroleum Engineering FunctionalImprovement Plans
· Development of skills and competencies of the reservoir engineeringand production technology skill-pool including resourcing of newstaff and development of standard petroleum engineering learning programmes, together with technical coaching and mentoring schemes, and the implementation of on-boarding programs for newtechnical professionals within the discipline.
· Provide input to scope of reservoir and production engineering workrequired to support short, medium and long term Technical WorkProgrammes for client development assets
· Plan, implement, supervise, and monitor all petroleum engineeringtechnical studies projects, leading to detailed description ofreservoir dynamics, recovery processes, well completions andintegrated well reservoir and production facilities management andoptimisation, quantification of oil and gas resources, and estimationof exploitation risks.
· Provide leadership for petroleum engineering inputs into FieldDevelopment Planning.
· Identify need for, and supervise delivery of 3rd party studies (bycontractors) to ensure agreed specifications on quality, time, and costs are met.
· Act as lead resource person on petroleum engineering related evaluation issues and development projects requiring quick turn-around times (rapid deployment).
· Continually monitor industry technology trends to identify, test,and recommend cost efficient subsurface evaluation software andhardware; manage petroleum engineering technology deploymentwithin the Asset Management team.
· Lead technical defence of petroleum engineering basis forinvestment plans before internal and external stakeholders .
· Technical coach for all reservoir engineers and productiontechnologists,Members of the client Technical studies leadershipteam and act as Senior Manager technical studies as delegated.
· Minimum B.Sc. in Engineering or Applied sciences. M. Sc. will be an advantage
· Membership of relevant professional organisation(s) such as SPE is desirable but not necessarily a prerequisite.
· Seasoned technical professional with at least fifteen years of experience, and at a minimum of skill level in the area
Job Objective/ Purpose of Job:
Provide technical and operational support on all production engineering, drilling and completion matters for the maximisation of the economic recovery of Client's and gas reserves from both mature and new oilfields in his assigned area. · Monitors and evaluates well, reservoir, facilities and field performance in his assigned area together with all attendant production technology aspects. · Actively engages in problem identification and solving in connection with the total production process. · Initiate and participates in the design and construction of wells. · Supervises mentors, motivates and competently develops junior staff. · Ensures adherence to government statutory regulations in all matters relating to production technology.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities/ Accountabilities ·
Actively monitor and evaluate well performance data. Within-in the asset team takes a lead in production problem diagnosis, well performance monitoring and optimisation of well throughput. ·Have an excellent knowledge of gas lift operations and be able to design, operate and optimise a gas lift system. ·Have an excellent understanding of well construction and completion issues and techniques. ·Must be able to interface with the drilling group and provide real time support to drilling well construction issues. ·Initiate and participate in the design and programming of well completions, with the aim of optimising well inflow performance and maximising recoverable reserves. · Have an excellent understanding in the area of sand control. Needs to be able to interpret log, core data and production requirements to come up with reasoned sand control recommendations. Needs to be aware of technology and techniques within this environment and understand the well construction pros and cons to various techniques. ·Have an excellent knowledge of horizontal completion techniques in an unconsolidated environment. Some of this knowledge to be gained from onsite experience. ·Have experience in the use of intelligent completions and the design and implementation of such completions in a subsea environment. · Must have an excellent understanding of PVT analysis. ·Must be able to identify well problems and formulate solutions through proposals for well interventions that will improve productivity. · Needs to be able to provide Production Technology input to field development plans, · including well completion design, well performance prediction, optimum artificial lift method, production chemistry issues, processing facilities, HSE issues, formation evaluation issues, and the risks and uncertainties associated with these. · Advise operating departments on the physical constraints applicable to the well / reservoir /field production (e.g. sand, water, gas production, scaling potential). ·Should be able to help in the design, implementation and analysis of drill stem tests in a subsea environment. · Liaise with other disciplines / departments and Production technology peers. · Actively search for improvements and keep abreast of new technologies within the Production technology. ·Using well performance simulation software to optimise inflow, artificial lift applications completion design and tubular selection for new wells and work over candidates. Use the same software to match actual well performance. · Participate in operational duties outside office hours. ·Needs to have the experience of and be able to conduct offshore supervision of operations should novel or new equipment or techniques be utilised offshore. · Must have excellent presentation skills and be able to present to internal and external bodies · Preferable to have experience in the Gulf of Guinea. · Respects and implements Company’s health, safety and environmental policy, procedures, regulations and objectives as they relate to his area of responsibility. · Participates in operational duties outside office hours.
Job Objective/ Purpose of Job:
Ensures that the Asset team’s geological studies and Operations are performed safely, timely and within budget. · Performs detailed reservoir geology review, analysis and modelling of all reservoirs in existing fields and un- appraised discoveries. Geological contribution to field development and appraisal planning and drilling. Contributory responsibility for all production geological and exploration activities. · Supervises mentors, motivates and competently develops junior staff. · Ensures adherence to government statutory regulations in all matters relating to geological activities.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities:
Carries out all geological work required for the timely execution of designated projects in an efficient and cost effective manner, according to agreed technical specifications and standards. The scope and schedule of activities is to be agreed with the Asset Manager and updated in bi-weekly progress reviews. · Develops scenario based geological models and realisations, incorporating relevant aspects of other disciplines to support field reviews, field development plans and ongoing drilling activities for the purpose of maximising hydrocarbon recovery by identifying in-fill and development opportunities. · Identifies and evaluates infill and appraisal upside potential in designated projects and provides fully descriptive geological static models for well planning purposes and for use in dynamic simulation. Consults and interact with other disciplines as appropriate for the optimisation of interpretations, models, plans and reports. · Applies rigorous data management procedures. · Prepares detailed well proposals according to the schedule in consultation with colleagues. · Provides technical / operational advice while drilling, whilst maintaining up-to-date well progress data, subsurface maps and geological data. · Measures progress against the schedule at regular bi-weekly reviews. · Participates in formation evaluation contract strategy and contract bids to ensure the most cost effective and technically sound approach is adopted. · Identifies areas where the acquisition of additional data would be an economic method of reducing geological risks and uncertainties. · Develops well-integrated depositional environments to support 3D geological modelling. · Actively participates in scoring and coring evaluation and description activities and supervises contractors. · Provides necessary technical support to, and to interface with, colleagues in other disciplines in the Technical Department. · Provides functional advice and quality control to operational and study geologists. · Provides mentoring to less experienced staff as appropriate. · Participate in Operational Duties outside office hours.
Masters Degree in Geology or relevant subject. · Minimum of ten years’ experience in production geology, including exposure to well site operations, petrophysics, seismic interpretation, formation evaluation, reservoir engineering and geological modelling. · The ability to communicate well and get along well with other team members and functional peers, the ability to work independently within an integrated team and the willingness to seek guidance when needed are essential. · Clear and effective decision making is required and rapid response is a necessity to many operational, and drilling issues that arise.
Job Objective/ Purpose of Job:
· Provide technical and operational support on all activities viz. drilling, completion, production, well intervention activities, etc. to maximise recovery of client’s oil and gas reserves from both mature and new fields in assigned area. · Monitor and evaluate well, reservoir, and field Performance in assigned area. · Provide input into appraisal, development and reservoir management activities. · Execute detailed reservoir engineering activities as part of integrated field studies. · Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and experience of reservoir energy material balance, recovery process, well placement and completion technologies, open hole and production log analysis and interpretation techniques, well test analysis in oil and gas reservoirs, simulation model results analysis, SCAL and PVT applications. · Supervise, mentor, motivate and competently develop junior staff. · Ensure adherence to government statutory regulations in all matters relating to reservoir engineering.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
Contribute to special dynamic modelling studies as well as technical and economical evaluations of E&P opportunities. · Construct reservoir surveillance plans, including the design and implementation of well tests. · Participates in strategic and business planning efforts towards complete reservoir management. · Demonstrate knowledge of complex and Smart Completion applications, intelligence field applications. · Provide short/medium production forecast for the Corporate Business Planning process. · Must be able to interface with the drilling group and provide real time support to drilling well construction issues. · Evaluate and manage water-flood scheme. Monitor flood front movement and integrate data to identify water breakthrough mechanism and set mitigation plans to insure proper production and injection balance with optimum VRR. · Identify opportunities for improving well performance and field production Enhancement. · Follow-up on drilling, completion, and intervention activities. · Timely implementation of the FDP related projects to achieve the planned production targets. Other · Must have excellent presentation skills and be able to present to internal and external bodies. · Essential to have experience in the Gulf of Guinea. · Respects and implements Company’s health, safety and environmental policy, procedures, regulations and objectives as they relate to his area of responsibility. · Participates in operational duties outside office hours.
BS degree in Physics, Mechanical, Chemical, Petroleum or · Mining Engineering. · Attend appropriate training courses in the subject up to a skilled level of a Reservoir Engineer. 10 - 15 years practical reservoir engineering experience with an operating company or specialist service company.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.