Nigerdock’s fabrication yard is the standard by which excellence in the industry is measured. It has delivered on the country’s most important oil & gas construction projects including Total’s Usan and Akpo fields, ExxonMobil’s Erha and MIPS projects, Chevron’s Agbami and Escarvos Gas Projects as well as Shell’s Bonga project. The company’s capability includes construction of FPSO topside process modules, offshore platforms, flares, bridges and has built several of the world’s largest deepwater SPM buoys. The company is focused on becoming an FPSO topside integration centre for the industry.
Nigerdock is committed to the highest safety standards in the industry and has defined and maintained Health, Safety and Environmental Manuals, Policies and Procedures for all of its operations. The company’s workforce is consistently trained in the safe working practices of their individual fields.
Reporting to the Senior Commercial manager, the purpose of this role is to review corporate contracts and other business agreements, highlighting potential risks and ensuring that the terms are adhered to. And to assist the Senior Commercial Manager in producing commercial and costing reviews. The Contracts Manager will also collaborate closely with the Senior Commercial Manager and other professionals within the company to assure contract terms conform to industry practices
- To assist in the commercial/contracts development and review of deal analysis, examining transaction terms and recommending the most profitable options to the senior management team
- Prepare and submit Claims through to completion
- To receive and process information, make decisions, solve problems and discuss issues with senior management when performing tasks
- Prepares contract and commercial documents, reviews contractual drafts and final editions
- To organize complex contractual and commercial documentation, write and edit contracts
- To identify, analyse and develop responses to contractual and commercial risks
- Provides advice on commercial and contractual claims
- To assist in the preparation and presentation of formal presentations to the board and clients
- Involved in frequent interactions across the organization and making good use of organization skills
- Have an understanding of the implications of health and safety regulations
- Assist Senior Commercial Manager with monthly report
Desired Skills and Experience
- Holds a four-year college degree in business management or a related discipline. May consider experience in the Oil & Gas industry over degree qualifications
- Worked within the Oil and Gas Industry for 15 years and be at the top of their game “need to hit the ground running”
- Be commercially astute and able to demonstrate claims experience
- Must be a member of a relevant recognized professional body
- Overseas and/or Africa work experience
- Oil & gas industry experience
- Computer Literate – MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word
- Familiar with EDMS – Team Binder or similar
- Experience of working in multicultural environments
- Effectively works under pressure in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrates the ability to meet deadlines and produce quality complex work
- Must have strong communication skills in English, deductive reasoning ability and information ordering aptitude when performing duties
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.