New Recruitment at British American Tobacco
Posted on: 20 October, 2014
Deadline: 31 October, 2014
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you'll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
To work with the General Manager of BATN Foundation in conceptualizing, developing and implementing approved community development initiatives so as to achieve the objectives for which the Foundation was established which is to improve the living conditions of rural and urban dwellers in Nigeria.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Manage and direct all approved community development projects phases
- Develop projects implementation plans and strategies
- Manage project budget and controls expenses effectively
- Track project against its schedule, budget and against objectives, reporting status to the General Manager on a regular basis
- Develop project concept papers and project proposals
- Initiate collaborative relationships with identified stakeholders and relevant organizations
- Recommend new processes where needed to improve quality and reduce cost of project
- Participate in and prepare Technical committee minutes and reports and circulate to all members
- Develop and implement recovery plans for off-schedule and unanticipated occurrences
- Assist in planning and organizing stakeholders engagements
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing budgets, scheduling expenditures and initiating corrective actions
- Meeting operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, maintaining networks and exploring opportunities for value adding collaborations
- Manage, organize and update all relevant data and information
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of all office equipment and materials
- Maintain strategic focus for projects with frequent interaction with all identified stakeholders to ensure a balance between the immediate project goals, needs and long term goals of the company
- Lead project teams and facilitating the communication and interaction among all functional representatives
- Provide effective and efficient support to the General Manager in ensuring day to day projects administration and management
- 5 - 6 Years experience in Agricultural based community developmental projects at State or National level.
- M.Sc in Agricultural Economics desired but optional
- Management, Coaching and Supervision Proficiency
- Experience in developing Budgets and tracking budget expenses
- Project planning and management
- Knowledge of effective stakeholder management
- Self-development and performance management
- Fluent in spoken and written English and at least 1 native Nigerian language
Method of Application
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about British American TobaccoSimilar Jobs
- EHS Risk & Performance Coordinator at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
- Account Officer at Fadac Resources
- Credit Control Assistant at JMG Limited
- Latest Recruitment at SABMiller
- Jobs at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- SABmiller Plc Latest Recruitment
- Graphic Design and Social Media Intern at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
- Facilities Officer at May & Baker Nigeria Plc