Benue State University, Makurdi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Director of Physical Planning.
The Director of Physical Planning is the Head of the Department of Physical Planning and responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the conceptualization design, supervision and management of the University's civil, electrical and mechanical projects.
- The candidates for the post must exhibit considerable degree of competence responsivenes and demostrable integrity for the running of the Directorate of Physical Planning of a University.
- Prospective candidates must be proficient in ICT with demostrable competence in computer aided design and controls.
- Candidates for the position must be in good health to be able to endure the rigours of the duties of the Director and must be such that he/she does not exceed the retirement age of 65 years.
- Candidates for the post of Director of Physical Planning must possess a degree in any of: Engineering, Building, Architecture, Quantity Surveying, Estate Management, Urban and Regional Planning, plus at least fifteen (15) years of relevant experience in public service, especially on campus planning and development.
- In addition, candidates must be registered member of relevant professional bodies such as Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN), ARCON (for Architects) QSRBN (for Quantity Surveyors), NIOB (for Builders), NIESV (for Estate Surveyors and Valuers).
- Knowledge in the handling/processing of TETFund intervention projects shall be an added advantage.
Condition of Service:
Condition of service are as applicable in Federal/State owned Universities
CONTISS 15 (N2,232,199.00 - 2,875,791.00)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 15 copies of their applications along with copies of certificates to:
Benue State University,
P.M.B 102119, Makurdi.
Curriculum vitae outlining is as follows:
- Full Name
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Local Government of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number of Children
- Permanent Home Address
- Correspondence Address
- Educational institutions attended with dates and qualifications obtained
- Professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Working Experience
- Names and addresses of three referees, two of whom must be in position to give academic and professional reference reports.
- Candidates are advised to contact their referee to send their reference reports under confidential cover direct to the address above.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.