Ongoing Recruitment at VANSO
Posted on: 17 October, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at VANSO
VANSO is a financial technology provider focused on delivering cutting edge and innovative solutions in Africa. Through our proprietary payments (MIMO), banking and messaging (VCP) platforms we deliver highly secure, world class solutions for our clients.
- The Finance & Audit Manager will report to the CFO and have responsibility for all areas relating to accounting functions and financial reporting. The role will also be responsible Development of Vanso’s internal control system, management of Internal Audit processes, safeguarding of the assets and ensuring company- wide compliance with established controls and proffering solutions in all internal audit matters for the organization
- The Finance & Audit Manager will be charged but not limited with the following responsibilities:
- Work with the CFO to:Participate in corporate policy development and the development of short, medium and long term financial plans and projections
- Develop & utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity based financial analysis to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts
- Work with the CFO to develop, prepare and monitor annual and quarterly budgets
- Preparation of management account and financial statements
- Preparation of VAT and WHT schedule for filing on a monthly basis
- Preparation of the documents required for filing with the CAC
- Preparation and filing of the Corporate Tax on an annual basis
- Proper filing of the certificates issued by the respective legal and regulatory authorities
- Prepare reports for Executive Management
- Develop and ensure Vanso’s expense process is strictly adhered to
- Issue all payment instruments for signing by the relevant signatories
- Ensure proper documentation of payments made
- Consistently interact with the Vanso’s bank Account Officer to ensure the smooth execution of the Vanso’s transactions
- Manage the Vanso’s current account opening process in line with the requisite approvals
- Requesting and proper filing of the Vanso’s current account statement
- Manage relationship with vendors and suppliers with respect to the payments
- Work with the CFO to prepare the group’s cash budget for the respective subsidiaries i.e. weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually
- Prepare an annual audit plan and audit accomplishment report
- Plan and conduct financial, operational, and compliance audits in compliance with internal auditing standards.
- Evaluate internal control structures, the adequacy of accounting records, and system design.
- Interact with senior officers of the various organizations on matters of policies and procedures.
- Conduct special investigations as requested or deemed necessary, and make recommendation for improved controls, operating procedures, accounting records, and systems designs.
- Work with external auditors during routine audits and special investigations.
- Perform other task as assigned
- BSc or MSc in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations preferred, ICAN, ACCA
- Three to five years of financial experience and management experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated team management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills plus excellent organization skills
- Proficiency with automated financial and accounting reporting, and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Strong understanding of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Ability to equilibrate priorities, highly detail oriented, organized in work and good working knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to set priorities
Method of Application
Compensation and benefits for the role is highly attractive and competitive. Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about VANSOSimilar Jobs
- Hewlett Packard (HP) Recruiting for Computing Category Manager
- Web Developer at Imagine Concepts Limited
- Oracle Nigeria Student / Intern Recruitment 2017
- Digital Marketing Intern at MyJobMag
- IT Service Desk Analyst at High-Tech Data Systems Limited (HDS)
- Digital Marketing Sales Executive at Blackngreen Mobile Nigeria Limited
- Graduate Project Accountant at erpSOFTapp Limited
- Web/Graphics Designer at Dream Mesh