We are looking for Governess/Nannies - child care professionals who provides supervision for infants, young children not yet in school and those who are in school but who require attention during times when the children’s parents are at work or adult functions.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Caring for, planning and assisting with children’s daily activities including, but not limited to, schoolwork, extracurricular activities, the development of social skills and learning self-discipline.
- The ability to perform routine child care activities is essential, and the utmost attention to detail and attitude are highly important.
- The nanny must also be flexible with her work schedule, especially for last minute on-duty calls at night, on weekends, and in certain instances, out-of-town travel or vacation.
- A nanny who is a trusted adviser, and once a level of trust has been formed between nanny and family, the successful candidate will oftentimes be seen as an actual family member.
- Also the ability to keep a family’s personal information confidential is absolutely critical.
- The nanny should also be in good physical and mental health as the hours can be long and the work physical.
- Prepared to Live-in
- ability to multitask
- emotional maturity
- good judgment skills
- planning and organizing skills
- stress tolerance
- high energy level
• A successful nanny will first and foremost be a problem solver. Having creative skills such as singing, playing an instrument, being able to paint and tell descriptive, colorful stories is helpful. A nanny should also be a firm, but fair, disciplinarian with strong communication skills and good, positive energy
- At minimum, a high school diploma is required or a university degree . In certain instances, a Child Development Associate certificate may also be a requirement.
- further training in child care and development such as a formal nanny training program, early childhood classes and/or in-service training
- proven child care experience with references
- First Aid and CPR certification
- safety certification
- driving license and safe driving record
Method of Application
To apply send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale