The Nigerian Society of Engineers is the umbrella Organization for the engineering profession in Nigeria and it looks after the professional needs of all Engineers in their wide - spectrum of specializations through structured initiatives in membership and other high professional standard and ethical practices.
The Executive Secretary is the Head of NSE Secretariat and provides execution to the management and administration of the affairs of the Society on behalf of the Council. He reports directly to the Executive Committee of the Society. He is amongst other things responsible for the following;
- Oversees the day-to-day management of the Secretariat.
- Responsible for defining the priorities of the Secretariat activities and functions
- Coordinate change management programs for the society
- Directs the preparation of all financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, reports to Exco and Council, tax returns, and other reports for government regulatory agencies.
- Confers with Directors to coordinate and prioritize planning of resources.
To perform in this role, the successful candidate must;
- Not be above 50 years of age
- Must be experienced in strategic planning and execution
- Have the ability and proven experience in managing, motivating and communicating with interdependent groups of people.
- Be able to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
Interested Candidates must be with the following qualifications and experience as minimum:
- Be a Corporate member of NSE
- Be COREN Registered
- Have a minimum of 17 years post graduation experience in the Public Service, Industry or Academia, 5 years of which must be in top Management Position.
- MBA and knowledge of ICT will be an advantage.
The tenure of the Executive Secretary is an initial term of 3 years in the first instance but only renewable for additional 3 years, once.
Desired Personal Attributes expected include:
- Results Orientation
- Strong cerebral capacity
- Highly organized and significant ability to multi-task effectively
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward all CVs with Cover letters to; email@example.com All applications are expected to be received not later than Friday October 24, 2014. Only shortlisted candidates would be invited for interviews.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.