Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Stanbic IBTC Bank values original thinkers with genuine insight and the team commitment that will help our clients outperform the market. As Africa’s largest and most respected bank, our Global Markets division offers you an outstanding opportunity to rapidly develop your banking talents. You will work across a range of financial instruments, operating within very different markets and countries.
Our ambitious plans now mean we are looking for a highly experienced Fixed Income Trader
Stanbic IBTC Bank is recruiting to fill the vacant position:
• Managing the planning and the performance management process in Investment Banking Business Unit (IB).
• Facilitating strategic planning through preparation of financial forecasts based on IB’s business strategy.
• Overall management, co-ordination and preparation of the annual budget and periodic revised estimates.
• Performance management through analysis, review and preparation of periodic financial reports.
• Providing IB leadership management information to support decision making.
• The role will include the establishment and reporting of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for the IB business unit and the monitoring of product, customer and BU profitability.
• The prime customer of the incumbent is the Head of IB and IB EXCO to whom a full financial management service will be provided.
• To participate in setting the IB’s finance strategy and objectives.
• Preparation of 3 year rolling forecast by taking the ideas and strategy and translating them into meaningful financial information such as profitability, balance sheet growth, growth impacts, and capital requirements.
• Overall management, co-ordination and preparation of the IB annual business plan, capital expenditure, operating budget and periodic revised estimates
• Challenge the plans of IB business units and integrate those plans into the SIBTC plan.
• Develop and implement reporting of key IB management information (MI) ensuring data integrity and timely communication to relevant managers.
• Provide MI, reporting and query resolution support to IB, including monthly product, customer and BU performance analysis.
• Identify areas of performance shortfall and propose corrective interventions to IB management team.
• Investigate variances to budget, provide explanations and recommend corrective action.
• Drive the required business analysis and related process for making recommendations for new performance opportunities.
• Develop and track KPIs trends and develop benchmarking processes for IB.
Key performance measures
• Delivering quarterly unaudited Financial Statement to the board.
• Prepare and present the annual Financial Statement for Stanbic IBTC Capital Limited (SICL).
• Timely preparation and submission of budget files, month-end reports and supporting schedules.
To apply for this position, click here