College of Education, Igueben, Edo State - The College has the main objective of producing qualified and competent middle level teaching personnel for the Junior Secondary School level in the humanities, science, technical and vocational subjects. The College which was reopened in 2006 on a sound academic and administrative foundation, is reputable for Academic excellence in teaching and research.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Provost in the College of Education, Igueben, Edo State, Nigeria:
- The Provost is the Chief Academic Officer and Chief Executive of the College.
- The successful candidate is expected to provide the requisite academic, administrative and professional leadership for the College in executing the rules and regulations laid down by the Governing Council for the achievement of the goals of the college.
- He/She shall foster good rapport with the relevant organs of the State Ministry of Education, National Commission for College of Education and other professional bodies that could lead to the ultimate attainment of the College to the status of Centre of Excellence.
- He/She should be able to liaise with local and international agencies to attract project to the College.
- Candidates should posses at least a Master's Degree in a field relevant to at least one program in the College from a recognized University.
- The possession of a higher Degree, such as Ph.D, Membership of Professional body or a Teaching Qualification will be an advantage.
- Candidates must have had a minimum of 15 years post-qualification cognate experience in teaching, industry or administrative post in an Institution of Higher learning.
- He/She must not be below the rank of Chief Lecturer in a College of Education, Polytechnic, University or equivalent institution.
- Candidates must show evidence of good track record in result-oriented researches, reaching a high national and international status in their research achievements.
- Candidate must be of good conduct, possess sense of disciple, dedication, drive, resourcefulness and be able to command the respect and loyalty of the members of staff and the students of the College.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for a period of Four (4) years in the first instance, subject to renewal for a second term of Four years.
- The salary grading of the post of the Provost will be as approved by Government.
- The officer appointed will be entitled to an official car with a driver and other amenities to be decided by the Governing Council of the College.
Method of Application
Applications should be submitted in Ten (10) copies of up to date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following:
- Full names, Surname underlined
- Marital Status
- Number of children indicating the age of each of one
- Date of Birth and Place
- Current Postal Address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications and dates
- Permanent Home Address
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Work experience in Chronological sequence
- Present employment - Status and Salary
- Extra Curricula Activities
- Publications and Dates, Name of Journals and Relevant pages
- Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees
- Date available to assume duty if appointed.
- Applicants will be required to produce original of their credentials at the interview.
The application should be forwarded to:
College of Education,
For the Personal Attention of the Registrar,
College of Education,
Note: Candidates are required to ask their referees to send confidential reports on them to the same address as above before the closing date.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale