Vacancy in a Multinational Manufacturing Company
Posted on: 13 October, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Adexen
Adexen has been mandated to recruit a Financial Manager by one of its clients in the manufacturing sector for their operations in Nigeria. The position is based in Gombe State.
Our client is a multinational manufacturing company with branches in Nigeria.
The individual will manage and provide hardware and software maintenance, training and consultation, and make recommendations about future planning and development of resources. The individual will also ensure maximum access to and implementation of technology services and resources.
- Build enterprise platforms that can integrate with third party application
- Develop customising Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) for third party integration and integrate to mobile applications
- Maintain organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Direct technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Verify application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Manage information technology and computer systems
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP)
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development
- Meet with managers to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
- Hire and manage information systems personnel and contractors to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer software, networks and information systems
- Control the computer systems budgets and expenditures
- Ensure technology is accessible and equipped with current hardware and software
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating system
- Provide orientation to new users of existing technology
- Train staff about potential uses of existing technology
- Provide recommendations about accessing information and support
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent education
- Minimum 5 years experience as an IT personnel
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of technical staff, to work with the Executive Management of an organization, and to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Project Management experience
- Technical Know-how about debit/credit card transactions
Key Skills & Attributes
- Good strategic skills
- Good analytical skills
- Technical management skills
- Technical understanding, analyzing Information and informing others.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Data Centre Management, developing budgets, coordination, strategic planning and quality management skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong leadership and decision making skills
- Understanding of complex information and requirements
- Good prioritisation skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans
- Great IT skills combined with a good head for business
- Ability to explain complex systems in simple terms
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
go to method of application »
- Lead the assessment of the balance sheet and all accounts in the financial statements. Ensure the further enhancement of the financial statements and that all balances in the sub and main ledgers are fully reconciled. Propose modification of accounting rules to align with Lafarge Africa or to reflect the economic reality (ex : pension liabilities)
- Maintain a monthly schedule of the general ledger balances which give a true and fair representation of the financial position
- Drives organizational structure, content of jobs, and establishment of performance standards
- Review the work of the receivables function, ensure adequate interface between systems Corning Data Services and JD Edwards, review control procedures and reconciliations, identify any potential fraud or violation of regulations, clear the Internal Control issues reported by External Auditors
- Review the work of the payables function and ensure that the routines and controls follow best practice, and that all supplier balances are reconciled with the suppliers, clear the Internal Control issues reported by External Auditors.
- Review the debtors balances, as applicable, and ensure that the routines and controls follow best practice, plus that all balances are reconciled.
- Review the inventory processes and accounts, to ensure that sub and main ledgers are fully reconciled, plus that the accounting and provision processes follow Nigerian and Group standards, clear the Internal Control issues reported by External Auditors.
- Review the status of the fixed asset register and Capital Improvement plan, and ensure that this reflects the true picture and that routines for tagging, asset verification and impairment testing are in line with Nigeria and Group standards, clear the Internal Control issues reported by External Auditors.
- Review the process for tax accounting and reporting, and put processes in place as required, to ensure that tax accounting follows best practices.
- Lead the month-end and annual closing process and the preparation of monthly and annual accounts. Ensure that the closing routines and reviews are following best practice, and that they enable the company to meet all required time-lines to submit quality data on time.
- Lead the annual closing process and liaise with external auditors and other stake-holders as required. Ensure that the annual accounts are prepared and published as per Group and Nigeria requirements for a publicly listed company.
- Support the Treasury function to monitor that it runs smoothly and handles all required tasks. Review payable procedure and propose the transition to cash less and to e-banking platform.
- Support the company CFO on transitioning the finance function and with ad-hoc projects as required.
- Assess the local team and structure and propose new organization of the accounting team
- Train or organize training session to the staff as required so that they can fully perform the required tasks for year-end closing.
- Liaise with Group and Nigeria internal audit to ensure that processes and authorizations are compliant with control requirements, and that a strong control environment is in place.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent in Finance or related area strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of significant experience in accounting both from having worked as an auditor and from having lead a substantial accounting department.
- Technical expert in IFRS and Nigeria accounting regulations. Fully conversant with FRCN (Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria), SEC (Security Exchange Commission) and NSE (Nigerian Stock Exchange) reporting and disclosure requirements.
- Strong knowledge and technical understanding of tax regulations and accounting.
- Experience of restructuring accounting departments and further enhancing accounts.
- Strong understanding of ERP systems, ideally JD Edwards and Hyperion.
- As future Finance Director, the Finance Manager must have experience as Controller
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience of working in Northern Nigeria
- Fluent in English and ideally fluent in Hausa.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Entry-level Depot Accountant at a Sanitary Product Manufacturing Company - Wemy Industries Limited
- Legal Counsel, CEMAC at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
- Latest Job Opportunities at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Fresh Jobs at Somotex Nigeria Limited
- Supply Planner Specialists at Hayat Kimya Nigeria Limited
- Job Vacancies at a Leading Cement Manufacturing Company - Stresert Services Limited
- Job Vacancies at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Operations Administrators at Kimberly-Clark