Promasidor Nigeria has achieved tremendous growth since 1993 when it commenced operations, and presently employs about 1015 people across the country. Today, Promasidor holds a leading position in the Nigerian powdered milk market with its COWBELL MILK brand, which has found its way into the hearts and homes of thousands of consumers. Promasidor Nigeria also sells its products in many neighbouring countries, including Benin, Niger, Chad and the Central African Republic.
Perform a variety of programming assignments to create new or enhance existing programs that form the company’s Information Systems.
• Code, test, troubleshoot and fix programs applications, programs, modules, functions, reports… or make changes to existing ones by researching, designing and writing programs and scripts that adhere to the company’s coding, user interface and documentation standards.
• Ensure all code produced is under strict version control.
• Unit test all your and/or your colleagues coding outcomes to ensure accuracy and compliancy with functional requirements.
• Support broader functional testing (IT System testing, User Acceptance testing…) as required.
• Understand business goals and needs to translate process and functional specifications into application functionality and technical specifications.
• Assist Functional Analysts as required.
GENERAL - TECHNICAL
• Master the company’s programming languages and environments and other necessary tools used in the ICT department, including the architecture or applications and modules composing the company’s Information Systems.
• Continuously seek ways to improve the performance of information systems by identifying potential (technical) system enhancements and reporting these to the IS Technical Manager.
• Work with other Analyst/Programmers (Internal and External) in finding the most efficient solutions to business requirements and systems issues.
•Carries out any assigned food safety jobs by the head of department
•Carries out any other responsibilties assigned by Supervisor
Bachelor of Science Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computer Science or a related field.
At least 3 years programming experience, preferably using C or similar programming language as well as SQL (or Microsoft Access databases).
Programming Languages & Environments
• HAL (or, as an alternative, C Langague or similar)
• Filemaker Pro (or, as an alternative, Microsoft Access)
Platforms & Operating Systems
• Mac OS X (or, as an alternative, Microsoft Windows)
• Unix (or, as an alternative, Linux)
• Good understanding of business practises (stock management…) and accounting principles
• ITIL Certification
Skills & Personal Attributes
• Ability to learn and apply technical standards and techniques
• Ability to investigate and analyse information and to draw conclusions
• Problem solving capabilities
• Good arithmetic, verbal and written communication skills
• Attention to details
• Time management
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.