United Biscuits International is the international business unit of the London-based food manufacturer United Biscuits, which has a revenue of almost £1 bn and sells a portfolio of biscuits, crackers and snacks. UBI contributes circa 20% to UB revenue and is a key growth driver, contributing 20% to the group’s overall growth. To further accelerate this international growth, Kenya has been identified as a key market and we are looking to develop a commercial strategy that will drive growth within this region, maximising the potential of this market.
UB prides itself on being a consumer-led company, and the Production function is critical in ensuring that we develop a sustainable business model that drives aggressive, profitable growth. The key objective is to develop appealing brand and product propositions for our target consumers, leveraging all elements of the marketing mix.
- United Biscuits Internation is recruiting within is sales team in Nigeria.
- The role is responsible for planning, executing and monitoring the growth of McVities in the South eastern part of Nigeria.
- You will be responsible for driving availability and visibility in coordination with the local distributors.
- McVities is a brand of high quality biscuits and cookies and most of the products are made locally or imported from the UK.
- This brand is still at a relatively low base in a large market and this role is accountable for driving that growth and visibility in an important strategic market for us.
- This is an exciting time for the team as we drive and invest in the area with great rewards to be had.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Following up stock availability (in market and at distributor level) to prevent Out of stock
- Identifying opportunities and untapped potential channels of distribution
- Recommend visibility enhancement, promotions and trade activity plans that best suit the assigned territory
- Ensure physical presence of the must list items in each type of outlets
- Ensure proper execution of stock and must stock list guidelines
- Following up on the execution of monthly promotion
- Measuring ROI of Trade Promotion by channel
- Plan and conduct weekly meetings with the distributor sales force
- Conduct and analyse Retail Audits, identifying opportunities and taking action with the distributor.
- Reporting weekly market visit findings internally and following up corrective actions.
- Submitting best practice initiatives to marketing department.
- Please only apply if you speak Ido and have a full driving license.
- You must also have expereince of working within FMCG sales.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.