Vacancy at United Biscuits International
Posted on: 10 October, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at United Biscuits
United Biscuits International is the international business unit of the London-based food manufacturer United Biscuits, which has a revenue of almost £1 bn and sells a portfolio of biscuits, crackers and snacks. UBI contributes circa 20% to UB revenue and is a key growth driver, contributing 20% to the group’s overall growth. To further accelerate this international growth, Kenya has been identified as a key market and we are looking to develop a commercial strategy that will drive growth within this region, maximising the potential of this market.
UB prides itself on being a consumer-led company, and the Production function is critical in ensuring that we develop a sustainable business model that drives aggressive, profitable growth. The key objective is to develop appealing brand and product propositions for our target consumers, leveraging all elements of the marketing mix.
- United Biscuits Internation is recruiting within is sales team in Nigeria.
- The role is responsible for planning, executing and monitoring the growth of McVities in the South eastern part of Nigeria.
- You will be responsible for driving availability and visibility in coordination with the local distributors.
- McVities is a brand of high quality biscuits and cookies and most of the products are made locally or imported from the UK.
- This brand is still at a relatively low base in a large market and this role is accountable for driving that growth and visibility in an important strategic market for us.
- This is an exciting time for the team as we drive and invest in the area with great rewards to be had.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Following up stock availability (in market and at distributor level) to prevent Out of stock
- Identifying opportunities and untapped potential channels of distribution
- Recommend visibility enhancement, promotions and trade activity plans that best suit the assigned territory
- Ensure physical presence of the must list items in each type of outlets
- Ensure proper execution of stock and must stock list guidelines
- Following up on the execution of monthly promotion
- Measuring ROI of Trade Promotion by channel
- Plan and conduct weekly meetings with the distributor sales force
- Conduct and analyse Retail Audits, identifying opportunities and taking action with the distributor.
- Reporting weekly market visit findings internally and following up corrective actions.
- Submitting best practice initiatives to marketing department.
- Please only apply if you speak Ido and have a full driving license.
- You must also have expereince of working within FMCG sales.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about United BiscuitsSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Openings at a Manufacturing Group of Companies - Sales Force Consulting
- Career Opportunities at Promasidor
- Sales Vacancy at IFFCO
- Jobs at Fareast Mercantile Co. Limited
- Procurement Role at Fan Milk Plc.
- Chief Executive Officer at a Leading FMCG Company
- Entry-level Electrical Technician II (Utilities) at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
- Job Vacancies at a Leading Manufacturing Company