Educational Vacancy at Mott MacDonald
Posted on: 10 October, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Mott MacDonald
Mott MacDonald is a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
Two posts are available, one of which is likely to be based in Nigeria. The Education Advisers will join Cambridge Education’s expanding team of international education and development professionals to contribute to existing projects and help win and deliver new work.
Responsibilities will be in the field of school improvement, including: teacher training, head teacher training, school development planning, strengthening local capacity to support and monitor school improvement.
Reporting to the National Programme Manager and/or the Task Leader for each specific assignment.
- Working with local education practitioners to design and implement training and mentoring programmes for teachers and head teachers
- Designing lesson plans and classroom and training learning materials
- Designing and implementing training and mentoring for school support officers (education advisers), at various levels
- Contributing as a team member to the development of strategies and plans for school improvement
- Supporting the development of strategies and reporting systems for monitoring and evaluating school improvement
- Contributing as a team member to support the scale up of school improvement initiatives through engagement with government ministries and development agencies
- Contributing to the capacity building of national programme staff
- Producing progress reports and contributing to papers and reports as required
- Other tasks assigned by Programme Manager
Required qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in Education, International Development or Social Science
- Significant working experience in a school or related occupation
- Evidence of management or leadership skills in either a curricula area (particularly literacy, numeracy, science, IT), or in a more general capacity
Required skills and knowledge:
- Effective team worker and team leader
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are essential
- Experience of international development in a range of countries is desirable
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Mott MacDonaldSimilar Jobs
- Client Service/Social Media Executive at Teclab Management Services Limited
- Brand Ambassador at TalentBase
- Sales Personnel at Doheney Services Ltd
- Economist at Rossland Consulting Limited
- Jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Latest Jobs at AFM Recruit
- Job Opening at Janchine Nigeria Limited
- Secretariat Administrator at Stresert Services Limited