Chams PLC is Nigeria's leading identity management and transaction payments systems solution provider.
Starting off as a privately owned business in 1985, we have evolved from computer and hardware maintenance to providing enterprise technology solutions in the identity management and transaction payments space to public and private sector institutions.
In the identity management space, Chams executed identification and verification related projects for institutions that include INEC, NCC, NHIS, PeNCOM,ICAN, Osun state, Abia state, Anambra State, Ogun State, Adamawa State.
Chams and Dermalog GMBH are currently executing Nigeria's banking industry Biometric Matching for the identification and verification of bank customers. The multi-million dollar project is an initiative of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Banker's Committee, and is the first banking industry biometrics identity matching solution in the global financial markets.
Chams PLC is also the front end partner to the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), the agency of the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) responsible for the creation of new, standardised and robust National Identity Management scheme.
Chams pioneered Nigeria's first payment card scheme, Valucard, with VISA, and is licensed to provide the under listed services in the Nigerian market:
- Independent ATM Deployment
- POS Terminal Service Provider
- Mobile Payments
- Prepaid Card Issuance
- Transaction Switching
Chams PLC is the first home-grown company to be listed in Guinness Book of Records for setting up the mega ChamsCity Digital Mall. It is also the first computer technology company listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
Legal & Compliance
- Maintaining the register of shareholders and monitoring changes in share ownership of the Company
- Paying dividends and managing share option scheme staking a role in share issues, mergers and takeovers
- Manages all legal agreement of the Company
- Provides legal advice where necessary
- Maintains adequate record for all existing legal agreement with the Company
- Responsible for standards and quality in accordance to the Company’s rules and regulation
- Monitors all Company contracts and SLA’s
- Ensure compliance with SLA’s and Contract terms
- Ensures accountability in all contracts and SLA’s including reviews and negotiations
- Ensures assessments of the Contracts and SLA’s and mitigation of risk
- Contract visibility and awareness
- Document Management
- Communication and commitment management
- Organising, preparing agendas for and taking minutes of board meetings and annual general meetings (AGMs)
- Maintaining statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries
- Dealing with correspondence, collating information and writing reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant Company stakeholders
- Contributing to meeting discussions as and when required, and advising members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax implications of proposed policies
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action
- Liaising with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors
- Taking responsibility for the health and safety of employees and managing matters related to insurance and property
- Developing and overseeing the systems that ensure the Company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements
- Monitoring the administration of the Company's pension scheme
- Overseeing and renewing insurance cover for employees, equipment and premises
- Entering into contractual agreements with suppliers and customers
- Managing office space and property as well as dealing with personnel administration
- Overseeing public relations and aspects of financial management
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strength of character, integrity and professionalism
- Discretion when handling confidential information
- A keen eye for detail and good knowledge of Company law
- The ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Good numerical ability
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale