The Targeted States High Impact project (TSHIP) is a six year USAID-funded project aimed at raising the quality of maternal, child health and reproductive health services in Bauchi and Sokoto states. The position of Director
Results-Based Planning and Advocacy was created to consolidate TSHIP's approach to deepening the culture of
use of information amongst our partners (state, LGAs and communities) to advance results production, empower
them to take action and engage them on policy decisions that affect the health sector of Bauchi and Sokoto states.
- Coordinates the work of the project support team for better performance measurement and tracking, among state teams and LGA clusters.
- The Director is the first contact with field-based project staff for day- to-day support and operations. Support transformational change to deepen our engagement with key leaders in government, civil society, communities and other entities to use evidence to make better and informed decisions that affects the health sector of Bauchi and Sokoto states.
- The Director Result-Based Planning and Advocacy, shall be the point person to coordinate health systems strengthening (HSS), governance, policy, health information systems, demand creation, commodity logistics and supply management, pre-service education and quality of care services across TSHIP in both states.
- Emphasize more than ever before, crucial role of advocacy around greater sustainability of TSHIP interventions in MNCH/FP/RH and health systems strengthening support.
- All these of course shall be evidence driven.
- As a member of the Senior leadership of TSHIP, the Director, Result-Based Planning and Advocacy works under the direction of the Chief of Party to support coordination of the project, ensuring that all request for technical, contractual, administrative, financial and logistics assistance are handled in efficient and effective manner.
- Oversees the use of evidence based models and techniques for development of annual work plans, performance monitoring systems and target settings for the attainment project set objectives that contributes to USAID-Nigeria mission goals and expected outcomes.
- Provide skilled technical assistance to project staff and partner organizations in Bauchi and Sokoto states in areas of performance improvement, project management, strategic planning, knowledge management, financial management and other applicable management specialities.
- The Director is supported by local project staff in Nigeria as well as US-based advisors at the Futures Group.
- The Director will work closely with TSHIP Project Support Team (PST), the M&E Advisor and the project Chief of Party and will be based in Bauchi.
- Higher degree in public health or related field
- Fluent in Hausa and English
- 10+ years' experience working in public health or related experience
- Familiarity with USAID and donors
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Project management experience
Method of Application
Salary and benefits
According to experience and qualifications within guidelines of US AID FSN scale. To apply, send your CV with a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: October 17th, 2014.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale