Job Opportunity at Siemens
Posted on: 9 October, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Siemens
Support the Business Unit Energy Solution to increase business volume and customer intimacy with Power Plant Developers and Independent Power Producers (IPP) in the region. The role focuses on organization and follow-up activities starting from pre-acquisition, project development, sales strategy, bid preparation, bid negotiations until hand over to project execution. The candidate will pro-actively pursue business opportunities within Energy Solution portfolio and applications, mainly Gas Turbine power plant solutions in both open cycle and combined cycle configurations.
Scope of Work
- To establish, maintain and improve on customer relationship and ensure ready availability of market intelligence through effective customer intelligence and communication.
- Supports in the preparation of quotations/tenders, ensure information supplied is accurate, within deadline taking both technical and commercial requirements into account.
- Works closely with Head Quarters (HQ) in Offenbach to support preparation of professional proposals, conduct performance analysis and provide input regarding commercial terms and conditions.
- Make use of technical experience and capability in dealing with engineering offices and commercial experience to contribute in complex sales negotiations.
- Timely and complete provision of requisite inputs from the regional company view point. Support all activities including ensuring high proposal quality that entails minimum risks around bid preparation as well as participate in Limit of Autority (LoA) for all binding proposals.
- Ensures that customers queries are dealt with professionally and timeously and advice customers where applicable.
- Assist in customer contact information updated promptly in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool or any other agreed template
- Provides feedback to HQ regarding market activity and competition.
- Ensure meeting reports are documented and maintained
- Bring mobility and flexibility to enter into business trips within Nigeria, West Africa and occasionally to Europe.
- Logistical support to project teams in order to meet requirements. Assist with on-site activities and queries.
- Project documentation collated, distributed and filed as per filing procedures. Provide advice to customers where applicable
- University Degree in mechanical, or electrical, or process engineering, or equivalent required with minimum 5 years post NYSC experience.
- Professional experience in the power generation / power transportation field or related industry required.
- Position is based in Siemens office in Lagos, Nigeria. Some longer assignments (up to 6 months) overseas may be required (mainly for training purposes in Germany and United Kingdom).
Method of Application
To apply for this role, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about SiemensSimilar Jobs
- General Manager, Business Development & Strategy at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Production Manager at Tranos Contracting Limited
- Administrative Officers at RainBird Nigeria Limited
- Engineering Jobs at Orion Group
- Sales/Marketing Engineers at TIKS Automations and Control Limited
- Production Manager at Tranos
- Business Development Manager - Automobile Aftermarket at Bosch Nigeria Limited
- Job Openings at United Geophysical (Nigeria) Limited