New Career at International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Posted on: 8 October, 2014
Deadline: 15 October, 2014
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of the Red
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Abuja is looking for a qualified and motivated candidate with the capacity to work autonomously to fill in the position below:
- Maintain ICRC ICT equipment and networks in all five offices, comprising Desktop and Laptop computers, Laser and lnkjet Printers, network switches, routers and appliances and UPS.
- Maintain ICRC Network Infrastructures In all five offices, including the Structured Cabling system and other data/voice grade cabling and layouts.
- Manage and keep proper inventory of the IT and Radio equipment park and ICRC authorized.
- autonomously and according institutional rules.
- Monitor and take proactive actions on the performance of leased telecommunication services to ICRC structures, including Internet Service, and Phone Lines.
- Maintain PBX systems in all five offices, including programming and installation of phone sets.
- Install and maintain radio equipment, include VHF handsets, HF & VHF fixed and mobile radios.
- Provide Help Desk assistance to users, directly and/or remotely.
- Manage ICRC's VHF and HF licenses file (updates, requests, follow up).
- Manage the stock of ICT equipment in the main office in Abuja, incl. storage, packing and dispatch.
- Undertake support missions to all offices in Port Harcourt Kano, Jos and Maiduguri.
- Manage domain users and network credentials.
- Liaise with Head of ICT Regional and with Regional ICT Engineer on ICT matters.
- B.Sc Degree or High School Technician Diploma in IT related field, engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar function preferably with an International organization.
- Very good knowledge of Windows based computers and good IT troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in managing a computer network environment (bigger than 40 PCs).
- Capable and motivated to continuously update him/herself on latest developments.
- Good knowledge of radio (HF & VHF) technology and satellite communication.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Strong sense of responsibility and autonomy with good organizational skills.
- Good knowledge of ICT services and equipment market and vendors in Nigeria.
- Able to undertake outdoor works with physical effort.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward their application (letter of motivation, CVs, copies of Certificate/Diploma, References) to the following address:
31 Pope John Paul II Street, Maitama District,
Note: Please clearly Indicate IT Technician on your envelope. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Guest Relations Officer at Me Cure Healthcare Limited
- Pharmacy Technicians at Deda Hospital
- Regional Medical Manager at Rovedana Limited
- Job Openings at MetroHealth HMO Limited
- Medical Jobs at Nisa Premier Hospital
- Physiotherapist at Sport and Orthopedic Medicine Clinic
- Staff Nurse / Midwife (RN/RM) at Green Field Health Management Limited
- Nurse Anaesthetist at Abuja Clinics