The Operations Research and Impact Evaluation (ORIE) Project is an independent component of the six-year, DFID-funded Working to Improve Nutrition in Northern Nigeria (WINNN) programme seeking to improve the nutritional status of 6.2 million children under five across five northern Nigerian states of Kebbi, Katsina, Jigawa, Zamfara, and Yobe.
ORIE is managed by Oxford Policy Management (OPM) and consists of three other UK-based institutions, the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), the Institute of Development Studies (IDS) and Save the Children UK (SCUK) in conjunction with Nigerian partners.
The overall purpose of ORIE is to “fill important gaps in knowledge about the causes of and optimal responses to undernutrition in Northern Nigeria”. ORIE undertakes various kinds of research and evaluation to this end.
ORIE’s work will be facilitated and supported by a Finance, Admin. & Logistics Assistant (FALA) based in ORIE’s Abuja office and working under the supervision of the National Team Leader (NTL) to undertake a wide range of finance, administrative and logistics tasks.
Term: The Finance, Admin. & Logistics Assistant will be hired for a fixed term of one year with possible extension, depending on availability of funding. Starting salary will be commensurate with background and experience
Responsibility:The Finance, Admin. & Logistics Assistant reports to ORIE National Team Leader and supervises the ORIE Project Driver
Job Summary: The Finance, Admin. & Logistics Assistant will assist the NTL in the day to day project management and operations of the project office to ensure smooth operations.
· Administrative support to ORIE project
· Arrangement of travels, workshops and meetings
· Records filing and documentation
· Reconciliation of payment vouchers
· Photocopying, scanning and other admin. support activities
· Funds retirement verification
· Logistics arrangement and hotel bookings
· Cashbook administration
· Monthly cash forecasting
· Project procurements with a view to ensuring donor requirements and documentation are maintained/adhered to and followed strictly.
· Purchases, receipts and auditing of supplies
· Any other duties assigned by the ORIE National Team Leader
· HND or first degree in relevant subject
· Experience managing office desirable
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to interact with all cadre of staff and be a good team player
· Detail oriented, honest and patient
· Flexible, organized and dependable
· Willingness to follow instructions, but also show initiative when required
· Basic knowledge of donor funded programs desirable
· Experience working in similar position with an INGO is an added advantage
This is a local opportunity for Nigerians or residents of Nigeria only. Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their cover letter and CV as a single MS Word file to Dr. Vincent Ahonsi at email@example.com by 5:00pm on October 16, 2014.
Questions of clarification can also be sent to this email address. While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.