CELEBRATING LIFE - EVERY DAY, EVERYWHERE. Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of international brands across spirits, wine and beer. Our global priority brand portfolio consists of Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Guinness, Baileys, J&B, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and many more. Diageo trades in approximately 180 markets and employs over 25,000 talented people around the world. With offices in 80 countries, we also have manufacturing facilities across the globe including Great Britain, Ireland, United States, Canada, Spain, Italy, Africa, Latin America, Australia, India and the Caribbean. Our great range of brands and geographic spread means that people can celebrate with our products at every occasion no matter where they are in the world. This is why 'celebrating life every day, everywhere' is at the core of what we do
Level 6 MS2Reports To:
Trade Development Manager – BeerContext/Scope:
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo. It is number2 in the World for Guinness Foreign Extra Stout (FES) and number 1 for FES In Africa.
A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective Customer Marketing team demonstrating industry leadership- translating trade strategy and brand Game Plans into a world class Commercial plan – winning the visibility war at the point of purchase and meeting both trade and consumer needs.Dimensions:
The Trade Reconciliation Executive supports the Trade Development Managerin the effective administration of brand budgetb) MarketComplexity
Purpose of Role
- The Trade Reconciliation Executive is to ensure effective activities tracking, measurement and evaluation are done on time and in line with GNPLC standards
- Ensures activities are delivered in line with standard time lines and required tools available for the sales force
Deliver Sustainable Competitive advantage for GNPlc by:
- Supporting the Trade Development Manager to drive the GNPLC commercial agenda; developing strong customer relationship tools that deliver competitive advantage, deploying strong collaboration with internal stakeholders and a deep understanding of customer needs in order to support the Category and Divisional teams toward Brilliant execution in line with annual KPIs.
- Supporting in enabling Joint Value creation with customers
- Initiate activity tracking, traffic management and measurement
- Collate the quarterly cycle briefs/sales kits development and co-ordinate the deployment processes
- Track trade activity / promo reconciliations
- Support the category and commercial planning teams
Qualifications,Experience and Skills Required
- Reconciliations: Activity reconciliations with third party agency, Divisions (tactical) and OTC
- Activity Tracking and Trend Analysis: End to end activity tracking, reporting and evaluation
- Activity Planning:Leads the translation of portfolio game plans/activity calendars into GNPlc Central Activity calendar. Ensures activity planning is consistently focused on driving brilliant execution across activity. Drives the commercial planning discipline with category teams and all stakeholders.
- Budget Management: Support the work on Advertising & Promotion budget effectiveness and management of Customer Marketing fixed budget.
- A strong track record in field sales
Barriers toSuccess in Role
- Understanding of all Diageo Way of Selling Capabilities and tools. Strong capability and understanding of Insights, Sales Drivers, Outlet Segmentation and Managing Relationships
- Minimum 2 years field experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Being out of touch with trade, shopper/consumer and field sales due to too much time spent in the office
- Inability to collaborate effectively with the category teams and field sales.
- Loss of personal integrity.
- Inability to properly identify risks, and plan mitigation steps.
- Based at Headquarters in Lagos.
- Head office maximum 75% of time, in trade minimum 25% of the time.
go to method of application »
Level: Level 5 (M1)
Reports To: Sales Director / Commercial Development Director
To protect People, brands and the reputation of the Diageo Africa Business, processes must operate effectively and efficiently to ensure adherence to legislation, Diageo’s policies and the Diageo Global Risk Management Standards. This is in order to satisfy Diageo’s governance requirements of its operating units.
Diageo has established a requirement to provide operational risk management support across its Demand locations in Africa.
This role impacts on sales volumes in supply centres delivering Net Sales Volume through driving risk management standards and improvement across the Nigeria Demand offices. The role holder will drive the roll out of risk management standards across the Demand locations in Nigeria.
The role operates in multiple locations across Nigeria, as well as interacting at a regional and global level with Safety leadership teams and functions. The role includes ensuring compliance with diverse regulatory systems and setting and adapting standards as needed.
- Lead and Support the Safety activities across Nigeria’s Demand business to ensure they embed and sustain a culture of Compliance to all the Diageo Risk management standards including legal compliance.
- Lead Safety management initiatives through the Demand leadership teams to ensure they are entrenched across all locations.
- Embed Diageo Standards in all Demand locations in Nigeria, including training required at the locations
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Proven track record in Safety management
- NEBOSH (National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health) Certificate level in Health & Safety or equivalent
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Influencing without authority
- Change management skills
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to prioritise, plan, manage and delegate the workload.
- Failure to convince key stakeholders to prioritise the risk management agenda
- Insufficient drive and resilience to achieve desired results
Flexible Working options
The position requires a considerable amount of business travel. Therefore the incumbent needs to manage the role effectively from a variety of locations.
Method of Application
Use links below to apply