Leap29 are currently working with an operator in Nigeria who require a Marine Surveyor, the position requires the candidate to monitor vessels in operation to ensure compliance to statutory regulations, adherence to maintenance schedule. Regular and unscheduled audit of marine resources to ensure fit for purpose asset all the time.
The role will allow the applicant to work for an operator within Nigeria and allow the candidate to play an integral part in the project. If you are searching for an exciting new opportunity and think you have the relevant experience as listed below please apply accordingly.
Experiences will include:
- Over 10 years seagoing experience in an offshore support vessels environment within the Oil and Gas industry
- Knowledge of marine operations not limited to the following:
• Navigational requirement
• Vessel features and functionality
• DP System
• Ability to plot routes, calculate consumption, sailing time
• Working knowledge of classification rules, guides and statutory regulations (IMCA)
- Familiar with equipment: small and big marine, AHTS, Buoys, Jetty, Navigation aids, Marine equipment
- HUET/BOSIET valid certificate
- Ability to coordinate team
Responsibilities will include:
• Responsible to the Senior Marine Superintendent for carrying out the client vessel inspection plan (onshore and offshore).
• Is to ensure all vessels contracted to the client have the correct worthiness certificates and are fit for purpose
• Is to ensure all contracted ship’s crews have the required and relevant qualifications and expertise.
• Maintain a marine fuel usage database to ensure cost capture and track fuel usage efficiency.
• Conduct periodic audits of all safety procedures relating to maritime assets.
• To carry out any other technical, safety or audit task as required by the Senior Marine Superintendent.
• Liaison with the Vessel Fleet Coordinator to ensure all vessels are utilised and operated in and efficient and safe manner.
• Take active role in marine incident, accident and near miss investigations.
• Prepare technically accurate and timely survey reports.
The client is offering a competitive day rate, if the position is of interest and you would like further information, please contact he contract team
To apply for this position, click here