Our Client a family-owned multi-national company full of passionate employees and iconic brands, shaped by a rich history of spirited entrepreneurship and delivery of excellence every time, the largest, privately held spirits company in the world, focused on building upon their successes by recruiting the best and brightest talent in order to have a well-balanced employee population that reflects its diverse society, customers and consumers around the globe, seeks young, vibrant, bright and experienced pacesetters that are ambitious and have eyes for numbers and details to fill the following vacant positions in order to drive rapid expansion in Nigeria.
The brand manager will drive the performance of one or more brands within our client’s portfolio through the development and implementation of brand strategies and marketing programs. Lead the development and implementation of Advertising and PR programmes as well as Digital and Social media platforms. Build key external relationships with editors and media influencers to deliver Media and PR goals. Generating consumer and shopper insights and conducting research. Manage the ideation and execution of brand driven events and activations as well as point of sales items warehousing, allocation and deployment. Brand Manager would be responsible for identifying and managing brand marketing activities, events and media exposure opportunities. She/he would build relationships internal and external stakeholders including key media personalities, celebrities and influential business people to translate into PR and publicity opportunities. He or She would also collaborate with external agencies and key sales, trade marketing and finance team in leading our visibility and promotion agenda in the On and Off trade accounts including Key Accounts and Open Markets channels.
- Create Brand Strategies and marketing campaigns to deliver increased sales and market share growth for assigned brands understanding of the market and consumers
- Implement the strategies for assigned brands and monitor performance
- Support sales to deliver brand strategies, activities and campaigns
- Forecast annual budget and operational expenses
- Manage costs against approved budget, manage performance against targets
- Create (or source from BGB Connections) the experience, collateral and copy for brand events to achieve brand activity, events, visibility, promotions, advocacy and PR goals
- Achieve high share of voice for assigned priority brands in selected media and drive implementation of tailor made customerplans e.g. POS, Outlet branding, Menu design/printing, display material, gifting literature etc
- Accountable for the consistent brand “look and feel” across different media and brand touch points
- Project lead 360 brand activation for Innovation on assigned brands, new bottle pack and label change/re-launch in market.
- Manage local agencies and suppliers to create and execute customised solutions for different channels.
- Ensure that each customised solutions is approved against brand guidelines and suitable
- Work closely with in market and MEA regional commercial team – MDMs and Area Manager to develop outlets activation plans for each month, quarter and yearly.
- Brilliant Development of Annual Brand Strategy including Media, BTL Activation and PR Plans for Assigned Brands.
- Excellent Brand Plans Execution and Equity Performance.
- Monitor & Report Competition in the Media landscape.
- Positioning Brands for New Media Exploitation and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Driving Consumer, Shopper and Customer Insight for brand growth.
- Effective management of Brands marketing budget and spend.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor degree in a business related field or equivalent.
- 5 years minimum relevant working experience
- An experienced Brand Marketer with a strong track record of delivering results over time.
- Previous experience of Events, Sponsorships, Media planning, PR and Social Media deployment for brand building.
- Highly skilled in complex negotiations and good networking ability.
- Good commercial understanding, P&L literacy, strong numerical skills, a high level of computer literacy and previous experience of financial/data are important.
- Previous experience of managing/leading teams either directly or indirectly and ability to work cross functionally particularly with Sales team.
- Experienced in managing agencies and service providers as well as working effectively within a team.
- Ability to identify emerging trends & insights. Tenacious in translating this knowledge into commercial actions quickly.
- Demonstrate high level of self-organisation and good time management.
- Strong presentation and influencing skills.
- Ability to plan and execute activities brilliantly with little or no supervision.
- Good Project Management and IT Skills – Evaluation, analysis and report writing.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with trade partners, agencies, service providers.
- Ability to understand the motivations of individual trade partners and plan ROS drivers and activations against the drivers.
PEASE NOTE: Only applicants with work experience in the alcoholic beverage industry need apply.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.