APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You'll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish A.P. Moller-Maersk Group a Global Fortune 500 company with over 120,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and retail sectors - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
APM Terminals is recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
- Represents the MD, where appropriate in internal meetings, while making informed decisions within his authority.
- Liaises with stakeholders and other employees as appropriate and directed.
- Organizes and attends meetings with the MD, taking minutes and ensuring the MD is well-prepared for meetings.
- Manage and update the MD's calendar/diary with appropriate reminders on schedules.
- Arranges travel and accommodation and, occasionally, traveling with the MD to provide general assistance during travel, meetings or presentations.
- Carries out background research and presenting findings into subjects of interest to the MD.
- Organizes and stores paperwork, documents and computer-based information for the office of the MD.
- Generates and processes documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- Screens telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them as appropriate.
- Receives and manages the entertainment of the MD's visitors.
- Manages all correspondences in form of letters, emails and taking dictation and minutes.
- Other tasks as required by the Managing director.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Law, Business Administration or related field from an accredited university.
- At least three to five years of experience as a personal assistant to a top management professional
- Qualification as a Chartered institute of Secretaries and Administrators is desirable
- A masters degree (MBA preferred) would be an advantage
- Must have extensive knowledge of Secretarial and document control
- Must be familiar with basic legal concepts, contractual agreements and SLA’s.
- Must have business acumen
- Basic knowledge of branding and communication
- Requires proficiency in various software applications and programs, specifically ALL Microsoft Office suites
- Knowledge of multicultural systems, diversity and inclusion
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage confidential information on daily basis
- Ability to empathize, be tactful, and diplomatic
- Ability to work both independently and within a group
- Ability to set priorities and multi task
- Ability to network, interact and influence key decision makers within and outside circle of influence
- Well developed English oral, written communications and report writing skills.
- Requires capability to anticipate problems by recognizing the key issues in problems and creating contingency plans and alternative solutions
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale