Current Recruitment at WTS Energy (Oil & Gas)
Posted on: 3 October, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at WTS Energy
WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. Our clients are based globally and offer a wide range of vacancies in oil, gas and energy. WTS Energy places suitable engineers and consultants in any phase of Oil and Gas projects and in all skills relating to: Geoscience, Drilling Management and Well Services, Facilities, (FEED) Engineering, Construction, Pipeline, Subsea, Commissioning and Start Up and Operations and Maintenance. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
- Interface with EPC Contractor in managing relations and approvals from Local Authorities for project dredging activities.
- Ensure a safe work environment during all operations and tasks
- Oversee and manage dredging and marine construction operations
- Inspect and monitor the daily activities of the EPC Contractor’s dredging activities.
- Assist in ensuring dredging work is carried out in accordance with approved standards and contract specifications.
- Manage daily, weekly and monthly reporting of dredging and marine activities
- Regularly observe disposal operation at approved disposal ground to ensure required procedures and regulatory laws are followed.
- Assess efficiency of dredging work and report findings to Marine Coordinator.
- Ensure the progress and quality of the dredging activities are in line with project expectations
- Support and enforce the project HSEQ Project objectives during dredging activities.
- Report on dredging work progress and challenges.
- Press for adherence to agreed standards for dredging activities.
- At least a National Diploma qualification in Dredging / Marine Engineering, Civil Engineering or related disciplines.
- Minimum of 5 yrs experience working on large scale dredging projects in Nigeria.
- Knowledge of approval cycle for government regulatory agencies for handling of necessary permits for dredging works.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Language: Fluent English.
go to method of application »
- Review and analyse planning updates and critical path for all activities related to Nigerian Content packages Construction. Detect all possible delays and constraints and propose remedial action.
- Review and monitor all recorded and potential change orders, and inform to FPSO In Country Construction Manager.
- Report periodically to FPSO In Country Construction Manager about the progress activities and area of concern.
- Coordinate with the interface coordinator and other project engineers for interface management (provide information required by others and takes into account information from others).
- Define and develop engineering interfaces / tie-in on each discipline for integration works.
- Work closely on the interfaces points with Main Yard Representative and Construction Engineer – integration works.
- Work closely with Commissioning Manager and follow up Commissioning interfaces of NC modules.
- Interface with marine coordinator and local authority during integration phase mainly on sequence of turning FPSO at the quay of local yard.
- Provide input to ensure good quality of the works: safe design and operability of facilities.
- Assist preparation and validation of integration procedure which define sequence and detail integration/installation for each NC modules on the FPSO.
- Follow up progress of ground crane at yard to be used for integration works, including soil reinforcement, its procurement up to load test.
- Assist preparation and validation of SERVICE card for defined activities as part of integration work/scope.
- Maintain good relationships with contractors, being relatively flexible, proactive but also strict when necessary to achieve the objectives of the project.
- Maintain good communication with all parties including construction team at Korea.
- Assist yard for any external technical assistance and interface, such as DEV/TEC, MWS.
- Attend Yard Safety tours at least once a month.
- To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings.
- To participate to local programs or initiatives to improve HSSE performances.
- To report to Management on any issue they may face or observe and propose way of improvement.
- To also take care of colleagues safety and behavior without hesitating to intervene as much as necessary.
- To carefully assess hazards and risks when changes occur.
- To give his own input and making sure the workplace is safe (obviously clean and tidy).
- Professional experience (number of years): 10 years of relevant construction experience in Oil and Gas production projects
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Language: English fluent
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about WTS EnergySimilar Jobs
- Strategy and Planning Analyst at SunTrust Oil Company Nigeria Limited
- Ongoing Recruitment at Oando Gas and Power Limited
- Graduate ROV Tooling & Intervention Technician at FMC Technologies
- Business Development Manager at Librod Energy Services Limited
- Current Openings at a Reputable Petroleum Company
- Assistant Business Support Executives at Dovewell Group
- Fresh Recruitment at Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
- Finance Roles at the Luxxor Group