Title: DEPUTY CHIEF OF PARTY, TSHIP PROJECT
Reports to: Chief of Party
Location: Bauchi State, Nigeria
Summary Scope of Work:
The Deputy Chief of Party will be responsible for the day-to-day operations in Bauchi State of the USAID bilateral award in Nigeria. This five-year award is supporting the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Nigeria's Strategic Objective 13, which calls for improved quality of social sector services; a strengthened enabling environment; and expanded demand for and increased access to services, commodities, and materials. The Deputy represents the project to its various stake holders in the absence of the Chief of Party.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to ensure that the TSHIP program is technically sound, evidence-based and responsive to the needs of the Bauchi State and the USAID
- Direct project implementation through providing oversight to Technical
- Advisors, State-level Officers, and partners
- Designs and implements the annual planning and budgeting process, in collaboration with the DCOP Finance and Administration
- Oversees the annual planning and implementation of all project activities in the State
- Coordinates the application of all project resources (human, financial and material)
- Facilitates communications among all project stakeholders.
- Mentors partner staff during project implementation
- Assists with coordinating the necessary technical input from partners required for key activities and work closely with external stakeholders, consultants and experts as required
- Contribute/coordinate with program's M&E staff to ensure that the program meets set targets in accordance with approved performance monitoring plan (PMP)
- Provide support to technical advisors and other staff in TSHIP to document key lessons learnt in the implementation of the TSHIP project.
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with others; role requires serving multiple constituencies and moving initiatives forward.
- Ability to prioritize and multitasking of varied objectives and duties.
- Ability to work independent with' minimal supervision and no maintain flexibility in working hours
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Display cultural, gender, religion and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
- Ability to maintain a professional approach and confidentiality
- Proficiency in MS Office applications such as software packages like; MS
- Excel, word and power point. data and also data management and analysis.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field and out of duty station.
- Prior work history with USAID projects
*This job description may be modified from. time to time at the discretion of the management.
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Science, Social Science,
- Management or related field.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience preferably in health sector or International organization.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor, supervise, and train in health service programs. . •
- Demonstrated ability to write and publish papers .
- Strong leadership, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired. '
- The use oflocal lanquaqe (Hausa) is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their current CV and a letter of application as one single document to: email@example.com within two weeks from the date of publication. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.