If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Title: DEPUTY CHIEF OF PARTY, TSHIP PROJECT
Reports to: Chief of Party
Location: Bauchi State, Nigeria
Summary Scope of Work:
The Deputy Chief of Party will be responsible for the day-to-day operations in Bauchi State of the USAID bilateral award in Nigeria. This five-year award is supporting the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Nigeria's Strategic Objective 13, which calls for improved quality of social sector services; a strengthened enabling environment; and expanded demand for and increased access to services, commodities, and materials. The Deputy represents the project to its various stake holders in the absence of the Chief of Party.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to ensure that the TSHIP program is technically sound, evidence-based and responsive to the needs of the Bauchi State and the USAID
- Direct project implementation through providing oversight to Technical
- Advisors, State-level Officers, and partners
- Designs and implements the annual planning and budgeting process, in collaboration with the DCOP Finance and Administration
- Oversees the annual planning and implementation of all project activities in the State
- Coordinates the application of all project resources (human, financial and material)
- Facilitates communications among all project stakeholders.
- Mentors partner staff during project implementation
- Assists with coordinating the necessary technical input from partners required for key activities and work closely with external stakeholders, consultants and experts as required
- Contribute/coordinate with program's M&E staff to ensure that the program meets set targets in accordance with approved performance monitoring plan (PMP)
- Provide support to technical advisors and other staff in TSHIP to document key lessons learnt in the implementation of the TSHIP project.
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with others; role requires serving multiple constituencies and moving initiatives forward.
- Ability to prioritize and multitasking of varied objectives and duties.
- Ability to work independent with' minimal supervision and no maintain flexibility in working hours
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Display cultural, gender, religion and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
- Ability to maintain a professional approach and confidentiality
- Proficiency in MS Office applications such as software packages like; MS
- Excel, word and power point. data and also data management and analysis.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field and out of duty station.
- Prior work history with USAID projects
*This job description may be modified from. time to time at the discretion of the management.
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Science, Social Science,
- Management or related field.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience preferably in health sector or International organization.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor, supervise, and train in health service programs. . •
- Demonstrated ability to write and publish papers .
- Strong leadership, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired. '
- The use oflocal lanquaqe (Hausa) is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their current CV and a letter of application as one single document to: email@example.com within two weeks from the date of publication. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.