Make Your Mark ONLINE. Join our WINNING Team
360nobs.com is seeking an innovative and creative web editor to join our web team. As a web editor you would research, write and check the images, text and other media published on your employer's website. If you are a skilled writer and researcher, with a keen eye for detail, this job will be ideal for you.
You must have an excellent standard of spelling, punctuation and grammar. You will also need an organised approach and creative ideas to come up with interesting ways to present information an dappeal to the site's target audience.
English, journalism or mass communication or a related field
Your duties will include:
- researching, writing and presenting text in ways that appeal to the site's target audience
- putting (uploading) material on to the website, often using Wordpress as a content management system (CMS)
- making sure site content is kept up to date
- monitoring and posting replies to online message boards and dealing with email enquiries
- editing and proofreading text produced by colleagues or freelancers
- developing new content and editorial guidelines
- attending content planning and commissioning meetings with other departments or clients
- keeping track of developments in web technology and good practice, for example website accessibility issues
- creating, managing and monitoring social media output and feedback
- making sure web pages are picked up by search engines (search engine optimisation)
- improving on website traffic statistics
- training new staff on how to produce and edit content.
Your job would be office-based in Victoria Island, Lagod. There could be some out-of-office work, for instance going out to research information, meet clients or interview people for features.
The ideal candidate will possess strong news judgment, attention to detail, copy editing skills, familiarity with content management systems and a strong knowledge of how to reach out to a large audience on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Online forums & channels. Above all, though, we are looking for a driven, creative candidate who works well under pressure and has a keen eye on the future of digital journalism.
360nobs Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
- strong knowledge of wordpress
- ability to edit images
- excellent research and writing skills
- the ability to pick out key points from detailed information
- the ability to write in a clear, concise and engaging way for the target audience
- an excellent understanding of English grammar, punctuation and spelling
- creative skills to find interesting ways of presenting information
- a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, for example for proofreading
- good organisational skills
- teamworking skills
- an understanding of legal issues, such as copyright, privacy and website accessibility
- the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- an understanding of online writing issues, such as house style and content structure.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale