Career Opportunities in a Transport/Logistics Business Firm - 10 Positions
Posted on: 30 September, 2014
Deadline: 14 October, 2014
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View Jobs posted same day
A reputable firm seeks to engage the services of the following professionals:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive new buses and ensure it is registered into the fleet Management database accurately
- De-list of vehicles for sales from database following due process and updating fleet database to reflect the current position.
- Develop and prepare daily, weekly, monthly and any other reports as may be requested by Management.
- Researching parts availability and costing where necessary.
- Conduct regular training, schedules, reprimand erring staff when necessary in order to ensure strict compliance to the organisation's policies and regulations.
- Ensure that all our vehicles are properly documented and tracked.
- Implement fleet administration standards and vehicle operating policies of the firm.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operation of the fleet including vehicle maintenance, health and safety management. speed and fuel management.
- Coordinate assigned fleet activities ensuring compliance with the company's operating policies, controls and procedures.
- Ensure assigned vehicles and drivers are properly inspected in accordance with stated procedure before releasing the keys and leaving the lot.
- Maintain an inventory of all vehicles and its in-store parts/accessories.
- Assist in overseeing the renewal of vehicle licenses, insurance and other statutory documentations/requirements.
- Liaise with approved service providers/mechanical workshops to ensure timely and adequate repairs and maintenance of all company fleet.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to safe driving procedures.
- Safeguard the company fleet by ensuring the deployment of efficient and effective security infrastructure and services.
- Assist in creating and maintaining relationships with service providers and regulatory bodies such as the Nigerian Police, Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC), Vehicle Inspection Office (VIO) and other government establishments.
- Other duties as assigned
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A first degree in Engineering, sciences, management, administration or any other
- relevant discipline from a recognized University or polytechnic is required
- A master's degree / MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5+ years experience with 3 years cognate experience in this role
- Previous experience in fleet management of a transportation company will be an added advantage
- Ability to direct and evaluate drivers in the accomplishment of goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities and workload
- Proven time management and administrative skills
- Proficiencv in Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective oral and written communication skills
go to method of application »
- Attending to clients request/enquiries.
- Issuing of ticket(s) to prospective clients.
- Excellent customer serve to all our clients.
- The prospective candidate(s) must be able to advise clients appropriately about cancelled trip, diffuse stressed clients and be prepared to solve clients problems (when possible) quickly as they arise.
- Provide very good Customer relationship at all times
- Minimum of HND or University degree in English/Linguistic, Mass Communication,
- Marketing or Public Administration or any other relevant descipllne from a
- reputable institution, minimum of 2:2/Lower Credit.
- Professional certification will be an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate e.g ms word, excel and power point.
- 3-5 years of verifiable work experience in a structured organisation.
- Not older than 32 years.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their CVS to: email@example.com APPLICATION CLOSES TWO WEEKS AFTER PUBLICATION.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Crane Electrician at APM Terminals - Maersk Group
- Trailer Driver at Saro Transcontinental
- Commercial Manager at a Multinational Company - Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Head of Human Resources at APM Terminals
- Maersk Nigeria Recruiting for Sales Executives
- Assistant Operations Manager at Daudeen Freight Limited
- Jobs at a Logistics/Facility and Cleaning Company - U-Connect Human Resources limited
- Software Developer at GMT Nigeria Limited