Career Opportunities in a Transport/Logistics Business Firm - 10 Positions
Posted on: 30 September, 2014
Deadline: 14 October, 2014
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View Jobs posted same day
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
A reputable firm seeks to engage the services of the following professionals:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive new buses and ensure it is registered into the fleet Management database accurately
- De-list of vehicles for sales from database following due process and updating fleet database to reflect the current position.
- Develop and prepare daily, weekly, monthly and any other reports as may be requested by Management.
- Researching parts availability and costing where necessary.
- Conduct regular training, schedules, reprimand erring staff when necessary in order to ensure strict compliance to the organisation's policies and regulations.
- Ensure that all our vehicles are properly documented and tracked.
- Implement fleet administration standards and vehicle operating policies of the firm.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operation of the fleet including vehicle maintenance, health and safety management. speed and fuel management.
- Coordinate assigned fleet activities ensuring compliance with the company's operating policies, controls and procedures.
- Ensure assigned vehicles and drivers are properly inspected in accordance with stated procedure before releasing the keys and leaving the lot.
- Maintain an inventory of all vehicles and its in-store parts/accessories.
- Assist in overseeing the renewal of vehicle licenses, insurance and other statutory documentations/requirements.
- Liaise with approved service providers/mechanical workshops to ensure timely and adequate repairs and maintenance of all company fleet.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to safe driving procedures.
- Safeguard the company fleet by ensuring the deployment of efficient and effective security infrastructure and services.
- Assist in creating and maintaining relationships with service providers and regulatory bodies such as the Nigerian Police, Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC), Vehicle Inspection Office (VIO) and other government establishments.
- Other duties as assigned
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A first degree in Engineering, sciences, management, administration or any other
- relevant discipline from a recognized University or polytechnic is required
- A master's degree / MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5+ years experience with 3 years cognate experience in this role
- Previous experience in fleet management of a transportation company will be an added advantage
- Ability to direct and evaluate drivers in the accomplishment of goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities and workload
- Proven time management and administrative skills
- Proficiencv in Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective oral and written communication skills
go to method of application »
- Attending to clients request/enquiries.
- Issuing of ticket(s) to prospective clients.
- Excellent customer serve to all our clients.
- The prospective candidate(s) must be able to advise clients appropriately about cancelled trip, diffuse stressed clients and be prepared to solve clients problems (when possible) quickly as they arise.
- Provide very good Customer relationship at all times
- Minimum of HND or University degree in English/Linguistic, Mass Communication,
- Marketing or Public Administration or any other relevant descipllne from a
- reputable institution, minimum of 2:2/Lower Credit.
- Professional certification will be an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate e.g ms word, excel and power point.
- 3-5 years of verifiable work experience in a structured organisation.
- Not older than 32 years.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their CVS to: email@example.com APPLICATION CLOSES TWO WEEKS AFTER PUBLICATION.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Procurement and Sourcing Analyst at Maersk Line
- Assistant Project Managers at a Global Shipping and Logistics Company - Fosad Consulting
- Professional Driver at Tekra Global Concepts Limited
- Regional Account Manager at American AirSea Cargo
- Jobs at Parcel Line Logistics
- Accounting Jobs at Josepdam Port Services (JPS)
- Warehouse Manager at The Afriglobal Group