Who we are
At Roche, 85,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Reporting to the Country Head Nigeria, your role will be instrumental in directing and contributing to the Market Access (MA) strategy through leadership and strengthening of our MA capabilities and impact in-country. Developing clear MA vision and policy, you will be insuring optimal access to Roche portfolio on the market and exercise key influence & partnership building capability within a regulated and compliance-driven environment. Acting as a thought leader you will be strategically directing the MA team, attracting, developing & retaining talent and ensuring an effective strategic account management process.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Developing MA strategy, policy & tactical plans for shaping further the national access environment
- Driving MA initiatives in-country through creation of tools to enable local access including supporting the development of Centers of Excellence for key therapeutic areas
- Maintaining external relationships with policy makers and key access stakeholders and focusing on development of market & MA capabilities in key areas including government, alternative access initiatives, etc
- Steering successful reimbursement outcomes for products through creation of high quality, timely and innovative health economic outputs for payers; leading the development of tools to support local access optimization (eg, budget impact models)
- Ensuring a holistic Strategic Account Management (SAM) approach across entire portfolio in cross-functional alignment to deliver effective SAM process
- Supporting the market preparation for launch brands and collaborating internally with medical & franchise teams to bring forward relevant clinical & health economics evidence and deployment of MA plans
- Managing the budget, resources, cost planning & allocation while driving delivery of country MA projects
- Managing routes to market appropriately both in line with business needs, driving effective tender processes and handling parallel trade issues as needed
- Grooming a high performing team with vision & direction, fostering a motivating work environment with focus on performance, talent management & development; aiming at achieving of high customer/business objectives through ethical working standards
- Seeking & facilitating active & close alignment with global and regional functions.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- University degree or professional pharmacy / medical degree; MBA or post graduate qualification is an advantage
- Previous experience within pharma, FMCG or highly regulated industry including oil & gas, utilities, etc., in a business leadership position with high exposure to market access, public & government affairs, communication, sales/marketing
- Solid business partnering expertise & ability for influencing & communicating effectively in a matrix organization; substantial experience working with diverse senior leaders and negotiating external decision-makers while building trustful & effective relationships
- Leadership scope & people development focus and excellent track record of strong performance & delivery
- Financial, business & sales acumen coupled with business process knowledge and global perspective
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare delivery policies, frameworks and landscape within Nigeria would be preferred
- Strategic thinking and high drive towards achievement of results & customer focus in a complex environment
- Excellent written and spoken language skills in English
- Eligibility to work in Nigeria.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button below.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.