The Nigerian Bottling Company Ltd is one of the biggest companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria.
Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
Channel Development Manager, in a profitable and sustainable way, implements trade marketing strategies, and develops CCH Nigeria volume and share in assigned channels and projects, through analysis, development, implementation and review of marketing initiatives
Strategy & Planning
- § Lead the development and execution of the channel trade marketing plans based on insights, aligned brand plans, and customer and shopper trends
- § Lead and develop channel specific OBPPC based on insights and our commercial plans
- § Set SMART targets for all channel initiatives, in terms of share, volume, transactions etc
- § Effectively and efficiently plan, utilize and follow up on allocated marketing budget, monitoring ROI on a regular basis
- § Ensure that channel plans are aligned with both internal (procurement, SC, logistics, sales) and external (TCCC, agencies, vendors) stakeholders.
Channel Development & Execution
- § Lead the development of Look of Success for the channel(s)
- § Jointly with TCCC, develop Shopper Messaging Toolkits for all upcoming promotios
- § Strictly implement the commercialization process, following the Yellow-Red-Green Document flow for all promotions and new launches
- § Develop and implement the ROI principle for all investments in the market, and do a rigorous follow up with the sales force
- § Timely monitoring and reporting of competitive activities in the market and assigned channels
- § Implement the Market Development Initiatives towards achieving volume, share and execution targets
- § On top of channel initiatives, overall management of NCPs and new launches, as per Trade Marketing Directors inputs and directives
Relationships and Reporting
- § Reports to Trade Marketing Director. Manages Channel Manager
- § Spends at least 20% of time on a weekly basis in the trade in order to develop relationship with the sales force and understand market needs.
- § Strong routines in place with the Coca-Cola Company, with weekly meetings and joint planning and implementation
- BSc or HND Marketing,Business Administration or Social Sciences.MBA will be an added advantage
Desired candidate profile
- BSc or HND Marketing,Business Administration or Social Sciences.
- MBA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of commercial experience.
- Specific skills required are: Project Management -Generating and interpreting shopper insights -OBPPC creation and implementation -Financial Awareness: ROI and VC analysis, DME tracking and posting -Channel Planning -Outlet Activation fundamentals -Excellent communication (presentation) skills & excellent relationships -Other: SAP (user level), M. Office tools
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.