Oil & Gas Recruitment at Hobark International
Posted on: 29 September, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
The Hobark group provides manpower, offers drilling, consultancy services and provides logistic support. We also offer catering services, procurement of manufacturing equipment, and construction equipment for the Oil & Gas industries.
Hobark International Limited is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos. The group offers the following services.
The Following Vacancies exist:
- ? Ensures that the Asset team’s geological studies and operations are performed safely, timely and within budget.
- ? Performs detailed reservoir geology review, analysis and modelling of all reservoirs in existing fields and un-appraised discoveries. Geological contribution to field development and appraisal planning and drilling. Contributory responsibility for all production geological and exploration activities.
- ? Supervises mentors, motivates and competently develops junior staff.
- ? Ensures adherence to government statutory regulations in all matters relating to geological activities.
- ? Carries out all geological work required for the timely execution of designated projects in an efficient and cost effective manner, according to agreed technical specifications and standards. The scope and schedule of activities is to be agreed with the Asset Manager and updated in bi-weekly progress reviews.
- ? Develops scenario based geological models and realisations, incorporating relevant aspects of other disciplines to support field reviews, field development plans and ongoing drilling activities for the purpose of maximising hydrocarbon recovery by identifying in-fill and development opportunities.
- ? Identifies and evaluates infill and appraisal upside potential in designated projects and provides fully descriptive geological static models for well planning purposes and for use in dynamic simulation. Consults and interact with other disciplines as appropriate for the optimisation of interpretations, models, plans and reports.
- ? Applies rigorous data management procedures.
- ? Prepares detailed well proposals according to the schedule in consultation with colleagues
- ? Provides technical / operational advice while drilling, whilst maintaining up-to-date well progress data, subsurface maps and geological data.
- ? Measures progress against the schedule at regular bi-weekly reviews.
- ? Participates in formation evaluation contract strategy and contract bids to ensure the most cost effective and technically sound approach is adopted.
- ? Identifies areas where the acquisition of additional data would be an economic method of reducing geological risks and uncertainties.
- ? Develops well-integrated depositional environments to support 3D geological modelling.
- ? Actively participates in coring and coring evaluation and description activities and supervises contractors.
- ? Provides necessary technical support to, and to interface with, colleagues in other disciplines in the Technical Department.
- ? Provides functional advice and quality control to operational and study geologists.
- ? Provides mentoring to less experienced staff as appropriate.
- ? Participate in Operational Duties outside office hours.
- ? Masters Degree in Geology or relevant subject.
- ? Minimum of ten years experience in production geology, including exposure to well site operations, petrophysics, seismic interpretation, formation evaluation, reservoir engineering and geological modelling.
- ? The ability to communicate well and get along well with other team members and functional peers, the ability to work independently within an integrated team and the willingness to seek guidance when needed are essential.
- ? Clear and effective decision making is required and rapid response is a necessity to many operational, and drilling issues that arise.
- ? Plan activities and resources to accomplish business objectives and measure results against plan.
- ? Assign clearly defined geological tasks to subordinates, coordinate and ensure objectives are met timely.
- ? Interact effectively and communicate clearly and concisely.
go to method of application »
Job Objective/Purpose of Job:
- The Subsea Engineer IRM is responsible for the safe and efficient execution of subsea infrastructure inspections compliant with Nigerian Legislation & International Standards.
- Interfaces with Nigerian Stakeholders on Subsea Integrity issues
- Provides technical support to all new Projects & mature subsea facilities related to Integrity Management of offshore structures and subsea pipelines to ensure verifiable evidence is transparent to demonstrate responsible Asset Integrity Management
- Development of Subsea Integrity Management Strategy (SIMS), 5 year SIMS Plan, annual CAPEX/ OPEX budgets & screening suitability of 3rd party Specialised SIMS Contractors
- Participates in creating SIMS Performance Assurance Mitigation Control Standards aligned to APC AIMS policy for pipelines/flowlines, risers, umbilicals to prevent Hydrocarbon Leaks, Unplanned Plant Shutdown, KPIs, CMMS Routines/ Procedures & Lifecycle MoC/Deviations/ Anomalies Tracking Register
- Ensure all SIMS anomalies are risk ranked to determine Business & Safety Criticality Severity Impact priorities & provide appropriate Fit-for-Service mitigation controls in place until permanent solution is available
- Coach & mentor Nationals to realise their potential professional Asset Integrity aspirations
- ? Interface with Certifying Authority, External & Internal Stakeholders
- ? Mentor & coach Nationals
- ? Create a robust Subsea IRM strategy,CMMS Routines/ Procedures aligned to Zero Tolerance of Hydrocarbon leaks
- ? Subsea IRM work management
- ? Evaluation of inspection results, reports & database management
- ? Preparation of subsea work scopes
- ? Tender Scope of Work preparations
- ? Pre-mobilisation Audit/inspection of Vendor Equipment & materials
- ? Develop KPIs aligned to APC AIMS
- ? Management of diving contracts
- ? Continuous Lifecycle Improvement Asset Integrity challenge reviews of Subsea infrastructure hardware inspection, repair & maintenance
- ? Sound knowledge of Safety Case, MAH & Integrity Mitigation Controls
- • HND or Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent.
- • Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) certification with a recognised body
- • Member of a relevant engineering body (desirable)
- • 7 yrs Oil & Gas operation experience; 5 yrs Subsea offshore experience; 3 yrs working with multi-cultural staff
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Hobark International Limited (HIL)Similar Jobs
- Job Opportunity at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Senior Reservoir Engineer at Eroton Exploration and Production Company Limited
- OLT Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor at Hobark International
- Human Resource Job at Petrok Oil and Gas
- Human Resource Assistant at a Maritime Institution - George Davidson & Associates (GDA)
- Jobs at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Fresh Jobs at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Business Development Executive at a Leading Technological Company - Petros Management Consulting