F5 is all about applications. As the recognised leader in Software Defined Application Services, we help customers deliver the fastest, most secure and reliable applications to anyone, anywhere, on any device any at anytime. Due to our continued growth and expansion we are currently searching for a first-class Territory Account lead to work with a number of our African clients to develop, build and execute our goals in the region. The role will be based in Nigeria and covering Ghana.
This is a strategic sales position requiring an in-depth knowledge of how technology is used to enable business goals or overcome business challenges. The role will require strategic thinking/planning coupled with tactical execution of identified business opportunities. The successsful individual will be responsible for managing all facets of the relationship with named or large key accounts (of significant strategic importance to the organization) while ensuring revenue goals are being met. You'll be maintaining contact at relevant levels in the accounts focusing on the strategic nature of the relationship and you must be able to build and maintain relationships effectively and communicate at all levels. As a consequence, you will develop opportunities across the F5 solution portfolio while effectively selling solutions and services using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence and build trusting relationships. This will encompass partnering effectively and tactically with Systems Integrators, large Service Providers and regional VARs based on need or required value.
- Primary point-of-contact for major account(s) regardless of account’s geographic location. Maintains contact with account at a high, executive level, focusing on the strategic nature of the relationship
- Sells the organization’s products or services to and maintains relationships with existing national named accounts. Responsible for expanding and retaining named accounts while ensuring ongoing customer service.
- Responsible for identifying and qualifying long-term and short-term business opportunities and pro-actively identifying and addressing competitive threats
- Prepares formal proposals and presentations, presents to all levels of the organization including executives, leads negotiations, coordinates complex decision making processes and overcomes objectives to closure, and closes sales in a professional and effective manner
- Responsible for significant key partner relationship management and development. Facilitate executive-level relationships between the customer, F5 and its partners including; facilitating communication on strategic and tactical issues and maintaining continuity
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, technical developments and government regulations that effect target markets
- Must understand organization’s business needs, develop application of products and services and communicate how F5’s technical value added solutions will address those needs
- Research and develop lists of potential customers within an organization; regularly follow-up on leads and developing leads, and act to close deals
- Determine market strategies and goals for each product and service; understanding the strategies, goals and objectives of named accounts
- Assume a leadership role in coordinating account strategy and tactics for sales support team (inside sales, systems engineering, sales management)
- Assume full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in depth knowledge of sales cycles from initial contact through the procurement process, ensure SalesForce is utilized appropriately and maintained on a regular basis
- Develop and maintain detailed account profiles including organizational charts for all accounts to be reviewed by management on a quarterly basis
- Develops strategy for sustained management and success of business and coordinates resources to ensure goals are met
- Provides regular updates to senior sales and operations staff concerning account issues, financial status
- Meet and exceed sales quotas and revenue goals
- May be a team leader and provide leadership to the sales team focused on the strategic global or national account(s)
- Considered a trusted resource by customer base and an expert in the field
- Has credibility to influence at senior levels within named account e.g. Senior Executive/Board/Chair
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.
- A significant number of years direct work experience in a relevant environment
- A Bachelors degree preferred or relevant work experience
- Specialized knowledge in networking products, preferably those of F5
- Experience with Internet related software or systems
- Excellent negotiation and closing skills
- First Class solution selling and presentation abilities
- First rate client interfacing and customer-focused approach
- DUAL Nationality SA / Nigerian
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here