Vacancy at LOC Group (London Offshore Consultants)
Posted on: 26 September, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at London Offshore Consultants Ltd
LOC Group (London Offshore Consultants) is a leading international marine and engineering consultancy to the world's shipping and offshore energy industries and their associated governmental, insurance and legal interests.
We combine multi-disciplined engineering and marine knowledge with practical experience and expertise to provide a unique range of consulting, survey and marine casualty response services to our clients, supplemented by our global network of strategically located offices.
LOC Group is recruiting to fill the position below:
Location: Lagos, NG
- Expansion of our work in the African region provides an exciting opportunity for an experienced Marine Engineer to join our growing team in Lagos.
- Working on behalf of insurance underwriters, Marine Warranty Surveyor experts evaluate operational risks and assess the feasibility of Marine Operations by technical review of literature and on-site inspections.
The key dimensions of the role include:
- Ensure that Marine Operations are performed within defined risk levels.
- Carry out surveys, which will include examination and evaluation of the operation and conditions ascertaining acceptable risks.
- Carry out surveys on all types of vessels and other marine craft including offshore units
- Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with the highest technical standards and codes applied to pipeline installation and/or offshore structures.
- Liaising with clients.
- Undertake engineering consultancy work as required with secondary emphasis on legal work.
- Help with marketing activities in other areas of LOC Group and LOC business as specifically required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants should possess a Class 1 Certificate of Competency (STCW III/2) and will have served as Chief Engineer.
- 7+ years experience, preferably from the oil & gas industry.
- Posses up to date knowledge of loadout, transportation and installation, codes of practice, Rules and Guidelines.
- Proactive, able to show initiative in problem solving.
- Strong verbal and written communication in English.
- 3 years' experience in the marine/offshore oil and gas or shipping industries.
- Practical experience in offshore construction (heavy lift, subsea or pipeline installation).
- Applications from candidates who have held senior positions at sea, particularly those with experience in marine surveying or consulting will also be considered.
- As a consultant with LOC you would expect to undertake challenging assignments and be prepared to travel overseas and offshore at short notice. The ideal candidate will have a high degree of client contact and consequently successful candidates will have very good communication and reporting skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please attach their CV and covering letter and quoting AFr/N/MEng-14 as the subject heading to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about London Offshore Consultants LtdSimilar Jobs
- Business Development Officers in an Oil and Gas Firm - Ebonylinks / Sulan Services Limited
- Assistant Surveyor at Onstream Group
- Field Advisor at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Job Opportunities at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Lube Sales Analysts at an Indigenous Oil and Gas Firm - Aldelia Limited
- Business Development Lead, OAL at AOS Orwell
- Job Openings at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Engineering Supervisors at an Oil and Gas Firm - Rovedana Limited