Across the EMEAR region, Cisco employs close to 12,000 employees and contractors based in over 60+ countries. Currently experiencing significant growth and investment, Cisco is looking to attract high calibre HR talent to join at a very exciting time.
Over the last few years HR in Cisco has undergone a significant transformation focused on delivering higher value HR services driving organizational capability for the business and targeted talent management initiatives for key senior clients who are leading during a phenomenal period of growth, while at the same time, never losing sight of the importance the business places on HR delivering operational excellence.
Through a new HR Operating Model, going forward HR is being delivered from three global pillars:-
1. The HR Partner pillar where the focus is on driving transformational HR with a focus on leadership and organizational development at the most senior level with the business.
2. The HR Operations pillar where the vast majority of HR resources will sit delivering HR operational excellence across the full life cycle of HR in three regions – APJC, EMEAR and The Americas.
3. HR Centres of Excellence where incubation of strategy and approaches to the core HR service offerings takes place.
At the core of this is support and service provided by leading-edge e-HR tools with first-line support being provided through the HR Connection shared services centre which for EMEAR is based in Krakow, Poland.
Cisco is recruiting for a talented leader to be the Africa HR Manager, which forms part of the EMEAR Emerging Markets team.
The ideal person will be comfortable working with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment and be equally comfortable rolling up their sleeves to provide real-time support to the business in helping shape the thinking around how we best align our local HR team to the needs of a very diverse and growing business within the EMEAR region. They will appreciate the need to deliver HR operational excellence to the business, be comfortable challenging the current processes and be a strong people manager.
This is an individual contributor role. The role-holder will functionally leverage the Center of Excellence colleagues (Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Employee Relations, Learning & Development) and HR Shared Services to drive the whole employees agenda for the Africa Region.
Reporting Line & Team
HR Operations – Catalogue of Services
Cisco has implemented a catalogue of services which defines the deliverables that the Operations leaders are responsible for which includes:
1. Compensation and Benefits activities
2. Employee Stewardship / Advocacy
3. Employee Relations and Performance Management
4. Driving the HR Shared Services agenda through the HR Connection service
5. Leading local administration of HR in country
6. M&A integration
7. Management support and development
9. Staffing / On-boarding
10. Client initiatives working collaboratively with the HR Partner community
In addition, the global team has defined a set of strategic priorities to drive the transformation of the HR operations agenda which the Country Leader will be expected to participate in the creation of and delivery against in the Country supported. These include the following initiatives:-
1. Productivity Enablers: looking for opportunities to drive continuous operational excellence and new ways of doing things in a more standardized way.
2. Manager Support Model: look for new ways to drive more responsibility in a consistent manner to managers driving HR operational excellence
3. Employee Self Service options: utilizing technology to drive more empowerment to individuals working within Cisco to manage some of the low level HR transactions
4. Employee Relations (ER) Engagement Model: look for new ways to drive standardization, improvement of ER policy and process engaging with the ER COE
5. Regional Benefits Model: look for new ways to deliver the employee benefits value proposition in a standardized way to drive employee engagement, ease administrative burden, gain economies of scale, technology advancement and ensure understanding of the role that benefits plays
6. Relocation Transformation: look for new ways to drive efficiencies, standardization across the relocation processes
7. HR Team Development: ensure the team is fully aligned to the new ways of behaving within the context of the new organizational model.
Key responsibilities in the role will be to:
• Partner with senior leaders in the business to identify the HR operations priorities and ensure their delivery against the global HR operations catalogue of services
• Define, drive and report back on the progress against delivery against the catalogue of services across country
• Work collaboratively with the HR Partner and other HR stakeholders for the country in the delivery of initiatives to drive the business agenda
• Lead the transformation of the local HR agenda to align behind the changes at a local and global level; effectively represent these needs with the EMEAR and Global teams
• Evaluate vendor proposals and effectively negotiate with suppliers
• Assist in the due diligence and integration of employees through any M&A activity
• Must be fully versed in South Africa Employment Law and have a full understanding of compliance and legal requirements for the country.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
• strong team experience with ability to inspire and lead change through the Emerging Markets Team
• depth of experience in the operational aspects of a country HR role
• good understanding of the core aspects of the HR Calendar of services
• strong planning, organizational development and consulting skills to serve as a trusted advisor to major business and HR leaders
• excellent analytical, judgment and influencing skills
• experience of interpreting market intelligence and collaborating with business leaders on strategic Compensation and Benefits priorities
• experience of working in matrix, complex, fast-moving and constantly changing environments with a high focus on collaboration (Technology experience not essential)
• experience in supporting sales organizations desirable but not essential
• experience of driving change
• ability to 'see the wood from the trees' and to focus on creating that bigger picture in order to deliver against priorities
• ability to handle ambiguity and a fast-paced environment
• ability to engage and influence the most Senior Leaders in the business, with confidence and credibility
• experience of driving a business strategy to proactively anticipate business needs based on industry trends
Education and Language requirements
The successful candidate is likely to have advanced degree in business, HR or Finance. The successful candidate will be fluent in the local country language as well as English
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, education, and entertainment, to the public sector, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco!
Interested and suitably qualified candidates shoud click here to apply online.