The Afterschool Peer Mentoring Project is a capacity development organization that is committed to inspiring, investing, engaging and facilitating growth opportunities for young persons in transitional stages of their lives. We ignite young people to set career goals and walk them through the achievement of such goals enabling them transit seamlessly from school to work. Founded as an offshoot of the Moremi Initiative fellowship in 2011, Afterschool Peer Mentoring Project has contributed to the career advancement of young people in Calabar and in Nigeria through strategic interventions such as the Prep2Grad Symposium, Project iGNITE, Pre- Tertiary Programme, Workplace Training for Undergraduates, its Opportunities blog, Internship Placements, trainings and other social broking services.
Afterschool Project connects young people to opportunities from conferences to workshop, and is helping businesses find qualified applicants using the power of the internet and social media. We are seeking a Social Media Content Manager who will find and develop relevant content for our followers, monitor engagement on our social media platforms, and help develop and implement innovative campaigns. If you are ambitious, have experience with social media for business and are passionate about it, this is the position for you!
1. Work on the ongoing development and execution of our social media strategies.
2. Find and develop relevant content that is of interest to our audience.
3. Monitor engagement on social media, and help develop innovative campaigns.
4. Implement posting schedules and ensure adherence to social media guidelines and procedures.
5. Working with a cross-departmental team, maintaining and developing the master content calendar.
6. Ensure the organization stays current with emerging social media trends.
7. Assure social media information is archived for future needs.
8. Exceptional communication and organizational skills are needed.
Estimated hours required per week: 40 weeks
The estimated duration of the project is: 3-6 months
This position is Virtual
Desired Skills and Experience
Internet expert and good understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, etc.); Passionate about technology. Good understanding of different industries and how they leverage social media for their needs. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; 1-3 years of experience in multichannel content creation; Creative self-starter who can work independently or on a team Organized; deadline driven, and able to manage multiple projects and engagements simultaneously
To apply for this position, click here