Specialist Engineer,Transmission and Distribution Systems at Siemens
Posted on: 22 September, 2011
Deadline: 29 September, 2011
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Siemens
Siemens is a global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, actively operating in more than 190 countries. We’re offering a wide range of pioneering products for energy efficiency, industrial productivity, affordable healthcare and intelligent infrastructure, with a quickly growing focus on sustainability. To find answers to the toughest questions of our time, we need open-minded and curious people who dare to ask them. Just like the more than 405,000 people of Siemens. And maybe just like you.
For our Energy Division in Lagos, Nigeria, we are looking for a:
Specialist Engineer, Transmission and Distribution Systems.
What are my responsibilities?
* Evaluate the condition of power delivery assets and perform inspections and condition assessments of high voltage and medium voltage systems and associated infrastructure including its substations, overhead lines, cable and associated control and protection systems
* Perform engineering reviews, technical audits and evaluations of electric and associated power delivery assets including the preparation of the corresponding technical reports
* Perform asset inventory and asset valuation services
* Prepare estimates of capital, operations and maintenance budgets and expenditures of power delivery systems
* Contribute to the review and writing of technical opinions on the principal aspects of project design, risks, cost, scheduling and other relevant technical provisions contained in contracts, permits, licenses and agreements
* Analyze the risk of operation based on system non-conformance and define corresponding preventive and corrective measures, estimating then the cost of implementation of these measures
* Organise and conduct technical meetings, interviews and discussions with customers and personnel of T&D utilities regarding technical and economic relevant aspects related to management, condition, operation and maintenance of T&D systems and its associated assets
* Supervising, consulting and training Siemens’ internal and external engineers and technicians
What do I need to qualify for this job?
* A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in operation and maintenance of medium or high voltage transmission or distribution systems
* Experience in field service activities in High Voltage Substations (erection, installation, commissioning, testing, etc)
* Understanding of economic/business impact of technical aspects within T&D systems operations
* A first degree in Electrical Engineering, Power System Engineering or equivalent
* Complementary studies in engineering, economics or business administration and experience in consulting will be an added advantage.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer; therefore all applications received will be treated with the same level of attention. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Please send your CV to email@example.com by no later than 29th September 2011.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about SiemensSimilar Jobs
- PHP Programmers at Zercom Systems Nigeria Limited
- Software Developer (Java) at Byteworks Technology Solutions Limited
- Information Technology Job Vacancy at SmatData Limited
- Fresh Recruitment at Compovine Technologies Limited
- Career Opportunity at MTN Nigeria
- Job Opportunity at ByteWorks Technology Solutions
- Information Technology Job Vacancy at xPlug Technologies Limited
- Back-end Developer at Touchcore Technology Limited