Career Opportunity at Axios Foundation
Posted on: 23 September, 2014
Deadline: 25 September, 2014
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Axios Foundation
Position Title: Vaccine/FP Supply Chain Adviser
Opening Date: 23/09/2014
Closing Date: 25/09/2014
Location: Kano State
Interview Date: 30/09/2014
Axios seeks Vaccine/ FP Supply Chain Adviser for the DFID funded Maternal Neonatal, and Child Health Program in Nigeria. The program covers six states in Northern Nigeria and in addition to providing and strengthening MNCH services, will also include routine hnmunization. The Vaccine/ FP Supply Chain Adviser will support strengthening. of the health commodities supply chain and ensure delivery of program health commodities.
The Vaccine/ FP Supply Chain Adviser will support the vaccines logistics and supply chain management activities for the MNCH2 program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise and guide DFID, SMOH Government of Nigeria, and other stakeholders on supply chain issues, best practices, policies, innovations, and performance.
- Provide leadership and guidance to logistics staff of the program states.
- Lead the design of a strategy for integrated supply chain systems capable of managing all health commodities.
- Provide overall technical support and leadership on institutionalizing and strengthening the Drug
- Revolving Fund In the state.
- Provide overall technical guidance on procurement activities for the states.
- Coordinate the assessment of existing supply chain and logistics systems in all the states identify gaps and weaknesses, and develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), policies, guidelines, and procedures to build capacity and promote sustainability. .
- Ensure that logistics related data is effectively captured throughout the supply team.
Qualifications, experiences and skills
- A Degree in Pharmacy or Medical Laboratory Science.
- A Master's degrees in Public Health will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in health commodities logistics and supply chain management.
- Knowledge and experience in MNCH, reproductive health, family ptarmrng' routine immunization, and other health programs.
- Experience in capactty building and training oflogistics and health factlrty staff.
- Experience working in Northern Nigeria, particularly in Karro, Kaduna, Kastina, Jigawa, Yobe and Zamfara.
- Demonstrated ability to work with government staff at multiple levels including the state and local community levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Method of Application
The Job involves extensive travels locally up to 40% of the time. Please send in your application to email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Axios FoundationSimilar Jobs
- Senior Medical Doctor at Workforce Group
- Finance Manager at a Reputable Private Hospital - Michael Stevens Consulting
- Account Officers at Newgate Medical Services Limited
- Obstetrician & Gynaecologist at Newgate Medical Services Limited
- Jobs at Rescue Technologies Limited
- Hospital Chefs / Cooks at Olive Multi-Specialist Hospital
- Paediatric Nurse and Perioperative Nurse at Isalu Hospitals Limited
- Higher Scientific Officer, Head of Haematology at MRC Unit the Gambia