Career in an Independent Investment Advisory & Asset Management Firm
Posted on: 23 September, 2014
Deadline: 20 October, 2014
View Jobs in General
View Jobs posted same day
We are a privately-held independent investment advisory and asset management firm with continental footprint and focused in Power, Oil & Gas, Infrastructure and real estate sectors. We are seeking an Investment Analyst or Senior Investment Analyst to join our team of investment professionals. This person will collaborate with others to help construct, implement, and oversee multiple investments for our various clients. This position is based in our Lagos office but will involve regular travel within and outside Nigeria.
- Performing the financial and commercial analysis required to evaluate a wide variety of potential deals
- Participating in and coordinating both deal and market specific research analysis and data management
- Building and managing complex models for deals across multiple sectors and jurisdictions
- Preparing and reviewing Investment materials and related supporting documents
- Participate in all aspects of due diligence, negotiation and closing transactions
- Exercises discretion and sound independent judgment on client related matters
- Coordinate and collaborate with all of the Firm's resources/personnel in fulfilling client needs
- Participate in the management of client engagement, which includes identifying client investment needs, analyzing investment options, proposing solutions, and solving operational issues.
- The post holder must have the ability to engage at a most senior level inside and external to the organization, building and maintaining effective working relationships
- A minimum of 4 years experience in transactions (Finance, investment banking, Banking, Private Equity, Consulting, Stock Market) ideally with exposure to power, OU and Gas, real estate, infrastructure and multiple jurisdictions
- Strong academic background (preferred background in Engineering, Economics, Business, or Legal)
- Excellent financial modelingskills and advanced Excel skills, specifically the ability to generate custom models, and experience with Microsoft Office products
- A strong understanding of, and experience in, Project Finance, M&A.
- Ability to be proactive in sporting synergies, slippage and trends across a broad portfolio of projects and activity
- Excellent report-writing, presentation skills and ability to engage clients on investment via phone and electronically
- In-depth knowledge of the structure, liquidity, and appropriateness of various investment vehicles
- Proven interpersonal and cornrnumcatlon skills with an emphasis on Influencing and negotiation; and the ability to relate with high level executives and high net worth individuals.
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills with the ability to produce, interpret and communicate, from a range of sources, accurate financial information and performance reports for senior management
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail, strict adherence to deadlines, and advanced problem-solving skills
- Excellent English language skills
In Summary, Candidates will be assessed against the following:
- Transaction experience
- Analytical and financial skills
- Communications and commercial skills
- Academic strengths
- Cultural fit
Method of Application
Interested and suitaly qualified candidate's application should be sent to: email@example.com
Closing Date of Application: 20 October, 2014.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Transport /Logistic Officer at Greengates Group Limited
- Job Openings at Doyin Group of Companies
- Business Development Officer at a Leading Services Company
- Latest Vacancies at a Leading Services Company
- Head of Sales and Marketing at Churchgate Group
- OS Attendant at BaloTrade Limited
- Import Coordinator at KHANZ Group
- Jobs at BaloTrade Limited