Vacancy in a Transport/Logistics Business Firm
Posted on: 23 September, 2014
Deadline: 7 October, 2014
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View Jobs posted same day
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Head of Operations oversees the Transport business and is charged with operational oversight, business development and management including profit and loss management, service delivery, and key account management. The job-holder is fully accountable for all aspects of the business including improving service quality, operational efficiency, and overall business performance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Understanding of Transport business and operations, and the local operating environment
- Experience in Airline/Cargo fleet and logistics management
- Strategic Planning & Management, Business Development & Management, Financial Acumen.
- Analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Leadership skills, including people development and management and team building
- Communication and interpersonal skills experience
- 8+ years transport, logistics, and related experience, with a minimum of 4 years leadership and management experience
- A proven track record of successful operations management
- Personal Attributes : Result-driven; self assured; inspiring leader; innovative and adaptive; politically savvy.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES .
- Lead strategic planning and execution to enhance profitability, productivity, and service delivery; provide direction and structure for the organization's fleet operations.
- Support business development; prospect for and identify new business opportunities including new products/service offerings ..
- Drive the growth of the transportation business across all dimensions including sales, marketshare and profitability.
- Drive the implementation of the strategy and business plan towards the achievement of set targets and goals. Coordinate fleet operations and drive improvement in service quality.
- Define and maintain key performance metrics,track and monitor business performance; implement corrective actions or interventions where required.
- Ensure safety of staff, passengers and assets through enforcement of safety regulations, policies and standards.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to statutory and regulatory requirements in business operations.
- Provide technical support and expertise for the business to enhance operational effectiveness; advise on routing and scheduling.
- Build and manage relationships with relevant stakeholders towards the achievement of business goals
- Build, develop and maintain customerrelationships.
- BSc/HND in Business Admoinistration, Management, Social sciences or any other relevant line
- MBA or related advanced degree is preferred
- Relevant experience ,professional certification in logistics, transport management would bean added advantage.
- Physical and other requirements :
- Occasional travelling is required.
Method of Application
Interested snd suitably qualified candidates should forward detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 2 weeks from date of publication.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Fresh Vacancies at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)
- Jobs at DCSL Corporate Services Limited
- Procurement and Sourcing Analyst at Maersk Line
- Assistant Project Managers at a Global Shipping and Logistics Company - Fosad Consulting
- Professional Driver at Tekra Global Concepts Limited
- Regional Account Manager at American AirSea Cargo
- Jobs at Parcel Line Logistics
- Accounting Jobs at Josepdam Port Services (JPS)