Nigerdock’s fabrication yard is the standard by which excellence in the industry is measured. It has delivered on the country’s most important oil & gas construction projects including Total’s Usan and Akpo fields, ExxonMobil’s Erha and MIPS projects, Chevron’s Agbami and Escarvos Gas Projects as well as Shell’s Bonga project. The company’s capability includes construction of FPSO topside process modules, offshore platforms, flares, bridges and has built several of the world’s largest deepwater SPM buoys. The company is focused on becoming an FPSO topside integration centre for the industry.
Nigerdock is committed to the highest safety standards in the industry and has defined and maintained Health, Safety and Environmental Manuals, Policies and Procedures for all of its operations. The company’s workforce is consistently trained in the safe working practices of their individual fields.
Reporting to the Director of Projects, this role will provide technical leadership to the Engineering Department, and plan, manage and oversee the daily activities of the Engineering Department to suit business needs
- Strategize engineering requirements for individual projects and functions
- Recruit fully competent engineering resources across multiple projects and functions
- Further building the capability and the capacity of the Engineering Department
- Promote the development of Nigerian talent
- Manage Engineering resources assigned internally to all areas of the business and the technical performance of engineering resources assigned externally to manage/interface with external/third parties
- Strategic engineering planning for all business needs including, where appropriate, outsourcing of detailed engineering design and associated activities
- Ensuring Engineering deliverables comply with all appropriate Industry Standards and Practices, approved Company Standards and Specifications, and any other specific documents as required under individual contracts
- Ensuring technical integrity, quality and adequacy of all Engineering deliverables within project budgets and schedules
- Initiating value engineering and construct ability reviews at appropriate stages in the development of work
- Provide technical assistance for all procurement activities as required, including coordination of specialist third party review by external consultants such as metallurgists, environmentalists etc, not available within Nigerdock
- Fully conversant with the HSE Management System of the Company and the project specific HSE plans
- Proactively participates in promoting the highest possible standard of HSE implementation
- Manage requirements for engineering software applications and associate hardware in consultation with the Head of IT and relevant budget holders
Key Reporting Requirements
- Monthly Engineering operations report
- Engineering personnel competency matrix
- Engineering non-conformances reports
- All Lead Discipline Design Engineers
- Lead Fabrication Engineers
- Lead Construction Work Pack Engineers
Desired Skills and Experience
- Engineering degree in any discipline preferably structural or mechanical. A masters in Engineering Management is not essential but will be a big plus
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in a similar role, most of which must have been obtained working in the oil and gas contracting industry. Engineering fabrication experience of topsides and jackets essential
- Fully conversant with relevant industry standards and practices
- Strong skills in resource planning and reporting
- Strong team management skills, especially in a multi-national environment
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.